ranger i-beams

singlehanded

Reaction
Does anyone konw a shop in o.c. that cuts and extends beams(poss. plates them too) for cheap. Like 300 -500 bucks? Probably 2 1/2 to 3 inches a side, no uniballs. THANKS

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I think Solo wants 900 if you bring your ownn bent beams. I would say save the money and buy Jerry's.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

singlehanded

Reaction
This is for a friend with forged beams.I had mine done at the baja shop extended 4 inches a side and plate 800 bucks plus uniballs 300 installed total 1100. I remember when I was getting ready to do mine that there was a few shops that would extend them for like 500. I think one was in newport but I cant remember the name penhall maybe I am not sure. My friend doesnt want to spend 1500 or 1600 bucks or I would tell him to go to S.I. He cant afford custom beam but want more streangth than a bent beam thats why I recommended extending some forged beams.

local

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
What year truck is it? If it is a 89 or newer truck just think of the cost of spindles, brake parts, bearings etc.. and they still are not as strong. The newer spindles on a 95-97 ranger are way stronger and have way bigger brakes.

Just remember you get what you pay for.

singlehanded

Reaction
Its gonna be put on a 93+ ranger. But whats better a 93 with bent beams and stock rotors and spindals and calipers or a 93 with forged beam and older spindals,rotors and calipers-cut and extended and plated. I have only owned 2 rangers and the first 94 had bent beams and bypasses up front and they were bent a second time by myself with some not very hard offroading. My truck now has forged j-arm style beams and coilovers and have had no trouble even jumping at 50 mph. This is just my experience. My friend doesnt have 1500 to spend on beam, I just dont like bent beams! He is getting the i-beam out for $125.

local

1992f150

Reaction
how bout just use normal forged beams and weld on some coilover mounts? they wouldnt have to be bent either.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I have a set of bent forged beams or standard beams with spindles and ball joints that I may be willing to trade for the cast beams, spindles and ball joints. email me kris@dmsrace.com

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

Timberwlf

Reaction
Hi All

Ok heres a question for you guys..Ive got a 94 Ranger 4x4 with the added weight of a 5.0 up front..Currently my front setup is stock TTB and x-tented radius arms with 14 in coilovers (350 over 400)..the 4wd is disabled on this truck due to lack of transfer case etc. the front is currently limited to 15in travel. So here comes the question...I will probally never go back to 4x4 so Ive been thinking about a set of 2wd beams up front instead of the TBB system.

1. Will standard 2wd beams bolt up to the stock 4wd locations properly??

2. it seems that standard bent beams have a 5.5in lift on them do they have beams with only a 3.5in lift? I ask this beacuse the truck has a stock 2in lift due to being 4wd

Any other opinions and options would be Great =)

Thanks in Advance

Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
1. Will standard 2wd beams bolt up to the stock 4wd locations properly??-----NO

2. it seems that standard bent beams have a 5.5in lift on them do they have beams with only a 3.5in lift? I ask this because the truck has a stock 2in lift due to being 4wd---
I would not suggest going through this much work and running stock bent I beams. Even with your Coil-overs.

The next questions are.
1) How much do you want to spend?
2) Where do your coilovers mount, the I beam or the Radius arm?
If you change to 2WD beams your radius arms will be to wide where they bolt to the I beams. You could run a spacer but i do not suggest them.

SDranger

Reaction
Timberwlf-
I dunno how much this would cost or know all that much about it, but i have seen a newer (a-arm) explorer that was converted to ibeams using reworked TTBs Both of the beams looked the same and there was no place for a diff or anything, so they both looked kinda like the back beam, but they were all plated in and looked buff as hell. It was a my friend's shop awhile ago and i may be able to get more info or maybe even a picture if you want

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125