Ranger longtravel

dirtdriver85

Reaction
Ok, I have a question here. I am going to be building a 2000 ex cab ranger for my father in law soon, and dont feel like building a longtravel set up since there are so many out there. My question is, who builds the best working race style set up?

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
You just asked the 6 million dollar question! Who makes the best Cheeseburger? Who is the hottest chick out there? What's the better beer? Who builds the best vehicle? Which tire hooks up better? Did RG cut the course? Which shox package is the best? Independent or I-beam? It's all a matter of opinion my friend

Cerberus2k7

Reaction
Well, searching will help a lot. But usually it will be BMS and Camburg that will be considered "high end". But there are many companies that can do what you want.

dirtdriver85

Reaction
I was looking hard at the BMS kits, Camburg would be a very close second though. Is there anyone running one or the other so they can say likes or dislikes?

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
In my mind, there are quite a few reputable companies building L/T kits for Rangers, however, you can't beat Camburg for quality craftsmanship, intelligent engineering, and awesome customer service.

There are several companies that can do some of those things, but Camburg does all those things and has successfully raced their off the shelf Ranger kits.

PM Jerry Zaiden is my recommendation.... Assuming he doesn't show up in here first, LOL!

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I was looking hard at the BMS kits, Camburg would be a very close second though. Is there anyone running one or the other so they can say likes or dislikes?

I would go to all the shops you are considering and then look at what all the kits come with. look at quality of construction, welds, fit finish, components, etc....

I think results speak for them selves.... have the other kits done this?

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
SPECS:

Box lower arms with 1" lower pivots and 1.5" uni-ball to replace the factory ball joint
1.500" tube uppers with 3.4" heim pivots
Box race spindle with 1" upper uniball to replace the factory ball joint
Heat treated stainless steel steering system with 1" outer heim for more travel, also includes billet tie rods
Billet aluminum hubs with Wilwood 4 piston racing brake system

Remember look at all the components you get with the kit you go with. Billet tie rods cost more and are stronger. 1" lower uniball pivots cost more, last longer, and are stronger. 1.5" lower uniballs yield more travel and are stronger, 1" outer heims at the spindle yield more travel and are stronger.

Here are a few more action/still shots of trucks with the kit....

dirtdriver85

Reaction
Thanks for all the comments Jerry. I will be looking alot more in to your kit now. Like I said before it was between the 2 but I think you pushed me to your side of it all. I will be intouch as soon as we start this thing. Thanks again

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Reaction
Ok, I have a question here. I am going to be building a 2000 ex cab ranger for my father in law soon, and dont feel like building a longtravel set up since there are so many out there. My question is, who builds the best working race style set up?

We offer a kit for both the Edge and the XLT. Not sure which version of the Ranger you are building, however, both kits have similar attributes.
Here is a link to our Edge kit...
http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/products.asp?section=frontsuspkits_fordranger_edge_exp_lt
And here is a link to our XLT kit...
http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/products.asp?section=frontsuspkits_fordranger_lt

Our kits are only compatible with bolt-on style snouts rather than the stock press-in style snouts. Running a bolt in snout enables you to run a more reliable hub arrangement without killing your pocket book. You can run either a Dana 35 or 44, or even our 2.5" race hub.