• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ranger odometer

SDranger

anyone's ranger odometer (sp?) ever stop working? I reset my trip odometer every time i fill up, and sometimes, after driving a while, i'll notice that the trip is still 0 and i don't think the other one moved either. If i reset it a couple times, it will work again though. Some people might like this but i'm not gonna sell my truck, and i like to know when to do oil changes ect. This ever happen to anyone, and how could i fix it? My truck is a '97 4x4 w/ a 5spd if it matters.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

My wifes Explorer sometimes does the same thing. The trip odometer button sometimes sticks on the little rubber grommet that seals dust from entering the cluster. I unintentionally removed it and it seems to no longer do it. Do not think it affects the actual odometer.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Man you guys got trip odometers? Those must be some advanced trucks, my truck has a Speedo, Gas, Temp. No trip thingy :)

Go Big Or Go Home

DPpatrol

Fish,

My new truck, I'm using the speedo cluster out of a Turbo Sr5 truck. Oh damn, that thing is sweet. It's got trip odometer, oil pressure, voltmeter, tach, it's got it all man. Talk about toyota luxury.

jason

fishd00d

What A Joke
Heh yea I am keeping my eye out for a SR5 dash that has all those. I went to the junkyard to get one and they wanted $130 for one!!

Go Big Or Go Home

PatrickG

You might want to look on ebay. I found one for my truck for 35 bucks including shipping. Unfortunatly It didn't work because I had the digital speedometer and not the cable driven one. Other than the speedometer not working everything else worked great. A good way to look is look up gauge from 4runners. As far a I know they had all those gauges.
Patrick

toyoter91

yeah the 4 runners of the same year had the same dash. i have a 91 SR5 and my aunt had a 91 4runner sr5 and it had the same dash.. actually it was all the same but she had buckets instead of the 60-40 bench style seat that my extra cab has.

"Its still good!!! Its still good!!!"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea I have been watching Ebay but they get up in price most of the time also. I think I saw that one you got. Are you keeping it or did you already sell it?

Go Big Or Go Home

DPpatrol

You might want to find out if all the gauges on an Sr5 speedo work with a engine and wire harness not designed to support those gauges.

jason

fishd00d

What A Joke
Well I know that the Temp and Speed will work with the existing wires. You have to run the RPM to the coil and a wire to the battery. Also you have to buy a oil level sending unit.

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

Okay, this isn't related at all but three people are viewing this thread I want to ask simple questions of.

SDRanger,
What's the address to the pics of your front TTB again? I'm going to try and call BJ tomorrow to see if he'll be around his shop on Friday cause I want to talk to him about my front end. I also want to drool over your beams somemore.

Jason, Austin,

Either of you guys coming up tomorrow night or Friday afternoon/evening to help JC? I'll be there tomorrow night around 7ish-? and probably again Friday afternoon after I get my new tires mounted, hopefully fix my radiator on my YZ400, pay some DMV fees, wash the Exploder, talk to a fab guy, etc, etc, etc.....

Later!!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

SDranger

sirhk100 the adress is www.geocities.com/dezertrat0 , ill try to put some new pics up. BJ will probally be at the shop, he's pretty busy these days, but if the surf is good he might not be in, just leave him a message, and he'll get back to you.