• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ranger Suspension Question

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Has anybody setup a ranger a stock forged front end with a set of coil overs and and extended radius arms had success. I am cosidering doing this, but do not know if there are going to be pitfalls. I would like to keep my truck low to the ground, yet i also want to have some quality suspension travel.

If somebody has done this, how much travel did you get with it? What are the drawbacks besides ball joint angle? What stroke shock to use? Mount on top of beam or in front?

Thanks,
Kris

JCA

There are alot of shops that have done what you asked. Go to www.andrewsracing.com</A> and follow the button for Fantelli Motorsports. You can look at the f150 and bronco pictures. I still have not put ranger pictures in yet. Fantellis phone number is there if you want to call.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing

Greg

This is just my opinoin but if your gonna keep the sock beams you should spend your money on a bypass shock and keep the coil/bucket. You can get something like 14" of travel so you might as well make it work best for you. What was your question about ball joint angle?

Greg

AaronDixon

Kris we run a 3" SAW on the front of our stock mini. We have to use all stock suspension, including radius arms, we get around 13". So with longer radius arms it would just work better. You will need to get the biggest degree of alignment cam you can fine, we use a 2 degree from Napa. With stock beams you will only be able to run a 33" tire. We have a 2" body lift and 35" still hits the inner fender a little. Shock length depends where your going to put the shock. If its in front of the beam, use a 12".

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
What size coils are you using? DO your beams have any additional bend in them or are they completely stock geometry?