ranger top speed

singlehanded

My ranger since I got it back friday with the culhane c-4 and the stock 4 litre seems to cut out or something around 4300 rpms in third gear. The redline is 5500 rpms,ya it is going pretty fast but does anyone know why it is cutting out.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
You need to get the computer modified to rev out. Or go to a higher gear...if I recall you ahve 4.56s...which is way to low for the C4...go to some 4.11s and it shoudl be a lot better. Our new prerunner in the works has a bithcen 4 liter but the stock computer does not let it rev out so we really dont know what the thing will do yet. You can get an aftermarket chip for it. Get the one for the 5 spd that is not street legal and that should fix the cutout problem.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

well Im going from 33 to 35 soon and it will be only a 10% street driven car soon. So I'll look into the chip. do you know who makes a good one?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight