ranger vehicle weight

Ryan B

Reaction
I did a search but found nothing.
I don't have the truck yet, so does anyone know how much an ext.cab 2wd. 94ish ranger weighs.
thanks for any help

jeff

Reaction
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Swallow?

Aloha

jeff

Reaction
I guess if you take the physics definitions of those words that would be true. Those damn physicists can define speed and velocity howevery they want. Map has the correct answer...

With three different ways to interpret the word SPEED it's no wonder engineers are so screwed up

Physics definition of SPEED:
1. The rate or a measure of the rate of motion, especially: Distance traveled divided by the time of travel.
2. The limit of this quotient as the time of travel becomes vanishingly small; the first derivative of distance with respect to time.
3. The magnitude of a velocity.

Physics definition of VELOCITY:
1. A vector quantity whose magnitude is a body's speed and whose direction is the body's direction of motion.

Map still has the correct answer regardless of whose semasiologistic point of view you side on when trying to interpret the true meaning of the words used in the original question.

Aloha

RRose

Reaction
Damn.... this thread went from a funny movie quote to physics definitions in three moves.... impressive!

jeff

Reaction
It's not how far off-topic you get, it's how quickly you get there.

It's not how far you go... it's how go you far.

Aloha

drtdevil93

Reaction
the 4400 lbs is the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) this tells the total weight of the vehicle with the largest payload allowable (by the manufacturer). this is not curb weight. example: my daily driver beater toyota claims a GVWR of 4400 lbs. on a scale actual weight is about 2800 lbs (and this is with the camper shell on it).

erik

RRose

Reaction
my '93 extracab, auto, with a full tank of gas in totally stock form weighed in at 3900lbs.