RAPTOR-born in baja

dezertboy69

Reaction
that was an amazing story behind that truck!! if you didnt want one before you most definitley want one now. thanks to speed tv for airing a special like that, and putting baja in the spotlight for an hour!! what do you guys think of this truck?? what was all changed from the stock configuration to build the truck that they raced?? it looked basically stock except for the bed and the cage.

baja619

Reaction
It was definitely a true race car. Far from stock platform but the stock truck is totally awesome.

Great show on SPEED!

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
i agree i think it would be cool to know all the things that they up graded from the show from truck configuration,, i understand that its a race truck but it would be cool to know how much of the stock truck was actually used

dezertboy69

Reaction
yeah thats what i was thinking. it looked basically stock... but i know it was probably far from that. just how much work is needed to build a truck of that caliber from the stock platform?? greg foutz... any answers for us?? who else was part of the team here on RDC??

GregFoutz

Reaction
that was an amazing story behind that truck!! if you didnt want one before you most definitley want one now. thanks to speed tv for airing a special like that, and putting baja in the spotlight for an hour!! what do you guys think of this truck?? what was all changed from the stock configuration to build the truck that they raced?? it looked basically stock except for the bed and the cage.
We posted all of the build pictures on the FMI site. www.FoutzMotorsport.com

You can see over 100 pictures of the build.... Lots of stock and some race stuff. The race truck had leaf springs as you saw in the show. Call me if you want more detail.

manicmechanic

Reaction
Thanks Greg for showing what can be done!
Not being you is the only thing that pisses me off!!!!!

TT#54

The Pope of Welding
Reaction
That show was Great!

It made me wanna go out and buy a Raptor Today!!!

To bad it's a Ford........

Travisfab

Reaction
Seems like desert racing coverage is definitely starting to grow. Gotta love that.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I really enjoyed the show. All of the people involved were real racers...not posers. Congrats on the finish. BTW...great vid of the Callaway Motorsport 12 car (Green Flying Pickle) at the beginning of the contingency shots. MP

ultrablew

Reaction
We are a Chevy fam, but I can honestly say that Raptor SVT looks to be one nice truck. Both hubby and I want one now:eek: It would make a killer "affordable" pre runner for us sportsman teams!
The show was well done. It showed the heart of the whole team that pulled it together. I think it is safe to assume that everyone here on RDC realizes that you can't just go buy one, throw some race parts on it and take off from a starting line. To the general non-desert goers though, this program IMO took that thought away. It showed hard work, dedication, knowledge and effort to bring it all together.
Way to go.

snapwill

Reaction
I had an oppertunity to see this truck in person in a ford both at a nascar event in Bristol TN in feb. It looks so much better face to face. For anyone that lays eyes on it Im telling you it will be love at first sight.