• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rasor Rd.

The_Hulk

Thinking about taking a trip to the OHV area off of Rasor Rd. Anybody been there? How is it as far as the dunes go? Is there enough sand riding for me to change my tire out for a paddle? Any info and directions too good spots in this area will be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Back in the 80s I used to go to Afton canyon which is off rasor rd. There are some decent dunes if you go back in there far enough. I wouldnt put on the paddle though. I used to go when I was really young and I used paddles , but I was limited to a specific riding area due to my age. If you are taking a dirt bike I would not use the paddle. I used to ride a 60 out there with out a paddle and it wnet fine..plus there is tons more hard pack than sand. At least that is the way I remember it, but i havent been in al least 10 years. So my advice is no paddle.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Flea

i just went there about a year ago and i LOVED it. no i did not use a paddle and i would not recommend one either. there is a lot of sand but its different than glamis, its heavier and thicker and seemed like it might be a little bumpy with a paddle. just my opinion though. hell of a fun place though. there is also some dirt in areas that is fun to ride and you could not if you had a paddle.

sorry about the late reply

hope its not too late

GOD BLESS AMERICA! and hopefully my poor truck too.

Mike_McCluskey

Don't laugh too hard but... where is Rasor Rd.? I think I'm the only person on this forum who doesn't ride or have a dune buggy. I've never even been to Glamis!! Spent most of my growing years in Blythe at the river. Planning on getting quads for me and my boys so I'll be needing more info on good areas to take them.
Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Its up the 15 on the way to Primm. I am not sure if its after Baker or before...been a long time.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!