Ratchet Seat Belts

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
WE need to get BITD on board too. Jamie (Glamis Gurlie) you out there???

definitely... these things seem awesome, im excited,. pretty sure score will approve them and if score does then it should be approved by the other sanctioning bodies... im lookin forward to being strapped into my car tighter and shedding a few pounds of it some areas of our vehicle

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Fighter pilots use them, and the sprint car guys have had them for the past year. I dont think there has been any problems so far. You strap a 5000 lb race car down with the same technology. I feel safe saying it should hold a 200 lb person down through the bumps no problem.

true, but they also dont deal with near the amount of dirt that we do. thus getting into ratchet components and causing problems

HookerHarness

Reaction
just talked with score tech and they are going to review the belts so i will give them a call n a few days to find out their decesion... they might be calling hooker harnesses to get feed back from the company!!! i dont c them as having a problem with these harnesses. i think they seem like top of the line equip.

Please feel free to call the shop at 815-233-5478 and ask for Scott McPhillips if they have any questions regarding the testing and certification.

Thanks
HH-

GRENADE

Reaction
true, but they also dont deal with near the amount of dirt that we do. thus getting into ratchet components and causing problems

the ratchet's dont have problem's with dirt. if you use a cam lock belt, they dont like dirt and they well not work if submerged in water !!!!!!!!!

trent06

Mush
Reaction
After reading this I have a few questions, and I may have overlooked both questions, but I am gonna shoot anyways. After looking on the website I saw that the belts are made with bolt-in ends and wrap-around ends, are they also made in the clip-in style? And how does the ratchet release to loosen the belts say during a driver change? Is it that same way as a normal ratchet strap we use to hold down our car/trucks/quads etc.? Thanks.

Maybe an off topic question and I don't want to revive the thread, but do these work in both tub style seats (Sparco) and suspension style seats (Mastercraft)?

redeyedredneck

Reaction
So much for getting on their website.....

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.hookerharness.com Port 80

HookerHarness

Reaction
After reading this I have a few questions, and I may have overlooked both questions, but I am gonna shoot anyways. After looking on the website I saw that the belts are made with bolt-in ends and wrap-around ends, are they also made in the clip-in style? And how does the ratchet release to loosen the belts say during a driver change? Is it that same way as a normal ratchet strap we use to hold down our car/trucks/quads etc.? Thanks.

Maybe an off topic question and I don't want to revive the thread, but do these work in both tub style seats (Sparco) and suspension style seats (Mastercraft)?

We do have clip in style end fittings that we can use on the shoulder harness and on one side of the seatbelt. The ratchet side of the seatbelt would be made with a bolt in attachment point only. The ratchet releases with a small lever on the side of the ratchet opposite the drive side. The release is different then a standard cargo ratchet. Also, this system will work with nearly any seat in the market.

HH-

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Hey Hooker, thanks for coming on RDC and answering questions that we have. Very cool of you to take the time and do that for us.

HookerHarness

Reaction
So much for getting on their website.....

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.hookerharness.com Port 80

I apologize for any inconvenience. This thread has created a significant amount of traffic to our website and unfortunately it seems to have overloaded the site. We hope to have the site back online as soon as possible.

Thanks
HH-

HookerHarness

Reaction
Hey Hooker, thanks for coming on RDC and answering questions that we have. Very cool of you to take the time and do that for us.

No problem. This seems like a great site to be a part of. The people seem to be nice and genuinely interested in what they are posting and discussing. The traffic and interest generated from this one post has been incredible. We dont have much off-road type racing the in Midwest so it is great to see such a great response to our product(s).

Thanks Again,
HH-

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction

HookerHarness

Reaction
I just wanted to apologize again to those people trying to access our website. We actually had a server failure which is causing the website to be down. We are working vigorously to get the site back up and running. If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to post them or pm me.

Thanks Again,
HH-

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I just wanted to apologize again to those people trying to access our website. We actually had a server failure which is causing the website to be down. We are working vigorously to get the site back up and running. If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to post them or pm me.

Thanks Again,
HH-

no problem... technology can b a blessing and a henderance! i just appreciate Hooker Harnesses coming on and answering any ques. that we have, shows that you have a great company that cares about customer support!!! so often u cant even get a company on the phone or return a message! and here u are taking the initiative and going above and beyond! abosolutly great!!!

JCA

Reaction
I really like a sternum strap on my harness, can you get these with a sternum strap? Sorry cant search the site as it is not fully functional yet

HookerHarness

Reaction
I really like a sternum strap on my harness, can you get these with a sternum strap? Sorry cant search the site as it is not fully functional yet

To answer your question, we manufacture custom racing harnesses and do not mass produce any specific sets in advance. Therefore we can manufacture nearly any set up that you can think of, as long as it is safe. Can you tell me what it is specifically that you like about a sternum strap? We normally do NOT manufacture any harness systems utilizing a sternum strap. There are numerous reasons why we choose not to do so, but a couple of reasons are that it slows down exiting the vehicle and that sternum strap have at times been the cause of various neck and chest injuries as well as a couple of near decapitations. If you have a properly manufactured and properly installed harness system there should be no reason for a sternum strap.

Last edited:

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
To answer your question, we manufacture custom racing harnesses and do not mass produce any specific sets in advance. Therefore we can manufacture nearly any set up that you can think of, as long as it is safe. Can you tell me what it is specifically that you like about a sternum strap? We normally do NOT manufacture any harness systems utilizing a sternum strap. There are numerous reasons why we choose not to do so, but a couple of reasons are that it slows down exiting the vehicle and that sternum strap have at times been the cause of various neck and chest injuries as well as a couple of near decapitations. If you have a properly manufactured and properly installed harness system there should be no reason for a sternum strap.
I think alot of the guys use the sternum strap because the belts want to slide down onto the tips of your shoulders when wearing a HANS device

HookerHarness

Reaction
The website is slowing coming back online. I apologize again for any inconvenience that this has caused. The site is in the process of switching over between servers and should be fully operational within the next 24 hours. The response so far has been great. We have had a good number of calls and emails regarding our product line and your racing application. How about this? Here's a deal for you: Anyone from RDC that calls and makes an order for any of our complete harness systems in the next 30 days will receive 10% off. You MUST mention RDC when you call. Please feel free to contact Scott McPhillips at 815-233-5478 during normal business hours (Central Time). This offer will be retro active for the orders that have already been taken in the past two days from this site. Thanks for all your inquiries.

Sincerely,
HH-

HookerHarness

Reaction
I think alot of the guys use the sternum strap because the belts want to slide down onto the tips of your shoulders when wearing a HANS device

With a ratcheting harness system the shoulder belts will not move around and loosen up like they do on a typical set of seatbelts.

HH-