RATR 5-1600 SHOOTOUT

R. Gross

To all 5-1600's. Rage at the River is 2 months away and it is time to dust off and prep those cars for the best 5-1600 race of the year. I believe we had 16 entries at BAP. I spoke to a few of them and some mentioned they knew of some others that were sitting waiting to be prepped.
As a class I was hoping we could shoot for 25 entries and do a side bet of $100 per car on top of the SNORE payback with 50% going to first place, 30% to second place and 20% to third place (or some ratio everyone wants to agree on).
If we put the word out early enough and maybe offer some help to those who may need something or some part to get their car entered, it is doable. I would also like to organize a class photo like an hour before the drivers meeting where we line the cars up in a semi-circle with drivers, crews and families behind them and have SNORE's photographer take a picture from an elevated platform. Then have it printed on 24" x 36" format and give it to Guy Savedra and family as a token of our appreciation for all that Art did for our class and off road racing as a whole for who knows how many years. I actually want one for myself also.
If there is anything anyone needs in the Las Vegas area let me know and lets get on the entry list. Entries create entries. Thanks for reading and see you in Laughlin.

Jeffers909

MORE will be putting up $1000 from McKENZIE'S for the Class 5-1600 vs Class 9 Challenge.

The top 3 finishers will split the purse whether its three 5-1600's, three 9 cars or any combination of both classes.

R. Gross

MORE will be putting up $1000 from McKENZIE'S for the Class 5-1600 vs Class 9 Challenge.

The top 3 finishers will split the purse whether its three 5-1600's, three 9 cars or any combination of both classes.
Cody, Thanks. I am going to make a few calls also and see if we can get some more cash and product put up for the class or the Challenge. I recently changed phones and lost alot of the 5-1600 guys numbers so if anyone has contact info for them, maybe they can give them a call since I am basically relying on RDC to spread the word right now or email me their info and I will make the calls. Thanks again.

GBRACER

how many laps per day do the 5-1600's do we will be on the way home from the 1000 then

Sdracer

Many of the 5/1600 guys will be racing the 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

R. Gross

Many of the 5/1600 guys will be racing the 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
Perfect. The 1000 is a perfect warm up race for RATR. Gives them a few miles to shake out the bugs. LOL. RATR no remote pits, no chase crews needed, etc. Just awesome short course racing.There is always going to be another race next to another one, but until SCORE releases the entry list and even then who knows how many will be at the 1000 vs RATR. We still have to try and promote for as many entries in class as possible. I can't wait for the 1000, going to be spectating / pitting at HWY 3 road crossing if anyone needs basic oil, tire change, etc

R. Gross

Talked to Guy Savedra yesterday. They are busy getting ready to run the 1000, but I was happy to hear they are still planning on racing at RATR. Sounds like GBRACER might not be the only one thinking about success in Baja and then a quick turn around for some short course racing. Talk about one extreme to the other. You guys are bad a$$.

GBRACER

We probably won't make the
rage would love to but the 1000 is a long race the car will be beat at the end.

R. Gross

302 entries out of a 400 car cap. 5-1600's need to get on the list before you are on the outside looking in. Running the course clockwise is awesome. Don't miss the opportunity of running the powerline road down hill into the moon bumps. Done it quite a few times and gravity helping those limited engines is awesome. Set your speedo on your GPS. LOL

harleys dad

Mine is only a body bt we will put it back together if enough cars enter BAP, 10 wont do it but I read there is a 51600 vs 9 shootout. That could work if enough sign up

C.J. Hutchins

Love the idea of the photo! I will pitch in for the cost of the print.

R. Gross

Thanks CJ. From the sounds of it you guys are doing an awesome job. Running the course both ways, getting the moon bumps back & opening up the spectator hill......... Awesome. I am sure that has taken countless hours with BLM, BOR and all the other entities. Thanks. I am going to try and get all the 5-1600's on the same page right before tech closes for the picture. I was hoping for a few more entries in the class, but I am still working it on the phone with a few more encase some pre entered drop out.

scootin newton

I'm in for the photo and would love to be able to get one made for my garage... Just let me know when and where to be...#586