****RATR Pit marking update****

R. Gross

To all,
FYI, I talked to CJ this morning and after 2 days of howling winds in Laughlin alot of the pit marking that were marked last weekend have blown away. Also, my first crew guy just showed up and said the same thing. Pie plates and ribbon all over the place. If you marked with ribbon, caution tape and or pie plates, more than likely they are gone, especially if you used the SNORE stakes that were there for the 25' spacings only and were not that deep into that hard packed dirt. Those who used rebar and mason twine did better.
Maybe this thread can help some people who may have lost their markings by listing their stall numbers. I marked for 8 teams in stalls #32 thru #39 just West of Freeman and East of Lone Kid. I know Lucas marked for multiple teams in stalls #19 thru #31 on the front side and #129 thru #140 on the backside.
I think that alot of teams need to have some patience when dropping anchor and if the spot looks too good to be true, It was probably marked last weekend. Just a heads up. Hope this helps.

DirtDgr

To all,
FYI, I talked to CJ this morning and after 2 days of howling winds in Laughlin alot of the pit marking that were marked last weekend have blown away. Also, my first crew guy just showed up and said the same thing. Pie plates and ribbon all over the place. If you marked with ribbon, caution tape and or pie plates, more than likely they are gone, especially if you used the SNORE stakes that were there for the 25' spacings only and were not that deep into that hard packed dirt. Those who used rebar and mason twine did better.
Maybe this thread can help some people who may have lost their markings by listing their stall numbers. I marked for 8 teams in stalls #32 thru #39 just West of Freeman and East of Lone Kid. I know Lucas marked for multiple teams in stalls #19 thru #31 on the front side and #129 thru #140 on the backside.
I think that alot of teams need to have some patience when dropping anchor and if the spot looks too good to be true, It was probably marked last weekend. Just a heads up. Hope this helps.

Good luck! It is a mess out there! Ribbon and plates everywhere! We did our best to avoid what looked possibly marked but after 20 minutes of trying to make sense of it just chose a spot that seemed ok. No way to guarantee it was not marked by some paper plate or not.

Robin Hood

Win some...lose some. Marking is Bullsh*t anyways...should be first come first serve. Park your rig or it isn't yours!

FORERacing

Win some...lose some. Marking is Bullsh*t anyways...should be first come first serve. Park your rig or it isn't yours!
The fifty volunteers who devoted an entire Saturday to marking the course and the pits might have a different opinion. Snore is a completely volunteer organization and it takes a huge number of people to hold a race. So respect those who took time out of their busy lives to mark the course so that everyone can have fun. Also all of the volunteers would appreciate everyone taking every piece of trash with them when they leave. When I arrived at the course Saturday it was clean. It would be wonderful that on Sunday night it looks like that again.

Robin Hood

The fifty volunteers who devoted an entire Saturday to marking the course and the pits might have a different opinion. Snore is a completely volunteer organization and it takes a huge number of people to hold a race. So respect those who took time out of their busy lives to mark the course so that everyone can have fun. Also all of the volunteers would appreciate everyone taking every piece of trash with them when they leave. When I arrived at the course Saturday it was clean. It would be wonderful that on Sunday night it looks like that again.
If Snore and the racers want to thank the volunteers in this manner that is great! But there is no need to mark spaces. Snore could simply post a list of reserved spots and/or mark them with ONE sign that they are reserved for volunteers. This would avoid the mess, confusion and fight over the spots.

I guarantee that not all the spots marked were volunteers.