rboffroad

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Hooks like a fabtech upper arm, RCD lower subframe and a Tacoma king shock. Interesting.

jeff

Reaction
People have been doing this for almost two years, so it's not exactly new or uncharted territory. I know the setup works and it actually rides pretty nice. Heck, Custom Motorsports did at least one of these I think - might ask them about it. I wonder who makes the 6" lift spindle? I wonder if it's really a 6" lift spindle... ???

You have to run the subframe to space the lower arm far enough from the upper mount to fit the coilover... I guess that's easier than just building an upper hoop because the average Joe can just "bolt er up" and go. It's a great street kit but I'd avoid it if you plan on bombing the truck in the dirt. It ain't long travel - it's a big ass lift kit though.

Anyone know how much? I see they start at $1800... what does the full package run w/Kings?

One last thing... they say "Our kits utilize more factory equipment than most aftermarket kits, so vehicle warranty issues are not a problem, which is not the case with the other kits on the market." -- That's a load of bull. It replaces the upper arm, the spindle, the springs, drops the lower arm, and allows the use of 37" tires? That's a warranty voider if ever there was one. Take that to the dealer with a drivetrain problem and you have a 50/50 chance of leaving with a voided warranty and nowhere to turn. 10" inches of lift is 10" inches of lift.

Aloha

Clifford

Reaction
I still wish I had the paperwork from when I was a mini trucker that discussed this very same issue.

For any dealer to say that your warranty is void is a scam. They want to find any reason to get out of paying for repairs that you the consumer aren't paying for at the time of repair. I'll have to say that if you modify your arms or springs and that specific part fails, then yes, you no longer have a valid claim to submit. However, if you have a street kit of sorts and wish to claim a warranty repair for something totally unrelated, such as your wiper motor or door locks, how can they say your fabtech, rcd, or camburg lift contributed to the failure of your automatic door locks?

The article was on the backside of the front cover of mini truckin in the early to mid 90's.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"However, if you have a street kit of sorts and wish to claim a warranty repair for something totally unrelated, such as your wiper motor or door locks, how can they say your fabtech, rcd, or camburg lift contributed to the failure of your automatic door locks? "

because the kit gave you more ability to take it out the the desert and beat the crap out of it and in turn overexposed it to harsh impulse vibration and dirt!

JK

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

drtdevil93

Reaction
i just recently met the owner of R&B (unfortunately at a friends funeral). although i havent seen their kit, he seemed like a good guy. and his friend that passed away was a great guy as well, so you know what they say... birds of a feather flock together.
when i talked to him, he said he wanted to start selling Deaver springs, so he must be good! (lol)

erik

michael_loomis

Reaction
why would the the dealer care about fixing something not directly related to the lift ? its all the same to them , the manufacturer has to reimburse him dont they ?

my sonoma was one of , if not the first CST LT in san diego back in 99 ..... i took it to MKB caddy , GMC for all kinds of minor noises , and little things , they ended up going far and above what was expected ( even got a free rental Deville when the new style came out) . they thought my truck was the craziest thing they had ever seen , and knew it was all aftermarket. didnt stop them from new AC compressor , new cat. , rebuild power steering pump , transmission tailshaft seal . shoot , the latter 2 could have been directly caused by the lift and tires.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Actually, I think they were cause because it was a GMC......should of come as no surprise that all that stuff needed to be replaced!!!

Sorry Michael, couldn't refuse!

See ya in the dirt!

BigD

Reaction
anyone know anything about the bolt in rear king shocks their giving as an option??? i think thats a great idea to have kings you can just bolt up for the rear...better than running a 5100 bilstein or something. i wanted to lay kings under my bed but i woulda had to modify the shock mounts and move stuff, turned out to be a major pain in the butt.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
"Heck, Custom Motorsports did at least one of these I think - might ask them about it. I wonder who makes the 6" lift spindle? I wonder if it's really a 6" lift spindle... ???"

If you value quality to any degree don't ask custom bj motorsports. My friend had a cst upper kit with spindle on it, the whole spidle was plate and very nicely done. (this guy is a dico man for referance, cd bass, mx etc) He told me that they were going to build him a custom spindle, and long travle with kings. IN his head all he heard was custom with kings. Any way I laughed before he got it done and laughed even harder when it was done. They removed his old custom spindle and replaced it with a stock unit with a piece of steel block welded to the top so that with the drop brackets it would not bind so bad. To him it was bad ass, to me and all of us it would be a bar joke. Plus, plus they conned him into a sway bar on the the front, as well as a glass install that was not trimed and kings on the back with foot long tabs welded to stock frame tube and axle tube, told him it would break, but he did not belive me.,

well the first thing to go was the factory tube in the back that was ripped off in a dip and the kings destroyed. Course they fixed this one for free. Then on the way to hunington B the hoop on the pass side came apart. Now I know him and I know he did not EVEN drive it hard, mabey a dip here and there, strickly disco. They charged him to fix this one, weled broke tube and put a half tube on top of it and out the door he went. since then he has gone through tires like no other becase of the kit set up and the geometry problem with it, the same one you all are describing. Learned his lesson.

side note friend that got four lights and a billit grill installed by them had the lights behind the grill, I was interested as to how they would do this, becasue i knew it was all plastic, well the brains behind it all mounted them on the plastic piece and ran aluminum support to the out side ones, and man to they wobble bad, I told him to take it back and chew, there reply, ohh well if you want it done better it will cost you more, thanks for telling him in the first place, shady mechanic.

I am done

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

jeff

Reaction
Being in the biz I can't say good or bad about anyone. I try not to talk S*** about any other company but I've seen some scary stuff come out of a few places (you know who) that I bet CHP would impound if they knew what was holding the truck together. The sad thing is most of the people that call and e-mail me want what's bigger and could care less about what's better. Eventually something will happen, either the "Custom" fab shops will offer a better quality product or the customers will shop elsewhere. I've helped a few kids fix rolling deathtraps - all locally built. It's sad to see someone piss all that $$$$ away on 2nd rate crap when for the same price they could've built a really nice vehicle. Live and learn I guess.

Aloha