RC Car

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I am going to buy an RC10T3 tonight from a local hobby store, Its a prebuilt ready to run just add batteries type car. I wanted to know what people thought of them. They are the most reasonably priced prebuilt that I found at $199. Has anyone had any problem with them? Thanks in advance.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Get an unbuilt one and I will build it for you John. The prebuilt kits cheap out on the radio and the parts are inferior also. Call me.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

Reaction
I bought & built one when they first came out. Prob drove it almost every other day for a whole year and never had any serious trouble. Great truck for the money, however i would not suggest getting the carbon fiber bearings becuz they have a tendancy to come apart after a while. Also, slamming into things wrong tends to break the servo :| as on any other RC car

gary

Reaction
t3's are much fun. if you're planning on getting serious and racing it, don't buy the assembled one. if ya just want to have fun, buy it and enjoy it....and lemme know when, and we'll meet up and thrash them somewhere....jajaja

orvacian

Reaction
Did you check out the Losi XXX-T. The Losi is a little wider and handles a little better. The Losi XXX-T comes in a rtr and is a little more competitive at the track. The advantage of building it yourself is when it breaks (and it WILL break or at least need disassembly for cleaning and maintenance), you will know how to fix it! Building it is the fun part! Don't be in a hurry to run it and be one of those guys paying the hobby shop weekly to fit it! All you need a good set or allen wrenches, a few different 4 way wrenches and a set of small screwdrivers. BTW, Ultimate Hobbies in Orange has the best prices around and a HUGE selection. Look in the Recycler too, you will find many rc trucks at about 1/2 price on the hobby shop.

BigWorm855

Reaction
The T3 is an aging but solid race truck. The transmission is awesome, simple chassis layout, and is pretty durable. I used to go every week down to so cal and race against the newest Losi trucks and win. Just comes down to driver skill...

The parts that I’ve broken the most when bashing would be the front bulkhead (9125) and the front top plate (9130). A set of titanium turnbuckles and RPM ball cups would be a wise upgrade for durability in the future though.

Have fun!

Jordan

Reaction
John I raced RC for years and I have had Team Associated cars ONLY. The T3 is a great car I just sold all my stuff about a year ago I had 4 chassis, 30 sets of tires, 4 controllers, a bunch of chargers and batteries, etc... I got out of the game but it was fun for years. If you need help with the car let me know!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jordansrealm.com/prerunner.htm>Prerunner For Sale CLICK HERE!</A>

gary

Reaction
well, didja buy one?

i've always been an associated fan, just 'cuz they started the whole thing with the original RC10. way better than the competition at the time....

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Nope not yet. I got some e-mails about used totally built cars but they have fallen through so back to plan A. I will let you know when I get it.

"faster than it looks"

Slang

Reaction
I was looking at the T-maxx any word on this truck? I have read some good things about the new model. It has new motor, wider, stronger trans, painted body. Its going to be a toy for the races, I just want something sound.

<font color=green>Steve Lang</font color=green>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I used to own 2 T-Maxx's and they were pretty badass....it will go anywhere almost when you put the lockers they make for them in it. It also holds up to a beating pretty good. They also make crazy aftermarket parts for it.

Here are some video clips of mine:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/tmaxx.htm>http://www.pencilart.com/tmaxx.htm</A>

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

BigWorm855

Reaction
ahh yes..fishdood from back in the day at maxxtraxx...

The new 2.5 maxx is quite impressive. The 2.5 engine is probably the most powerful .15 engine out right now. The new suspension helps in stability but still is not as strong as an aftermarket arm (RPM, proline etc)
The stock trucks are pretty damn impressive though. Would work fine for a toy at the track.

Here is my maxx with various aftermarket parts on it.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BigWorm855 on 11/19/02 04:47 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

mxjeremy

Reaction
Nice broken body post!
That's a badass TMAXX you've got there. I don't have nearly that much aluminum on mine. Just broken plastic mostly.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://callihan.org/jeremy/tmaxx/>http://callihan.org/jeremy/tmaxx/</A>.

What's the deal with the new engine / shocks / arms?
I want to get new springs, and maybe re-valve with those little plates that cover the holes on bump, and open up on jounce. Also, those wide arm kits are killer, low CG, like a corr truck. And lastly, who doesn't want a faster engine?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Yup thats me lol...those were the good old days...

Go Big Or Go Home

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I was doing more research on RTR cars tonight and was wondering if I should spend the extra money and get something along the lines of an E-Maxx, will I notice a difference. What is the best electric RTR truck out there?

"faster than it looks"

Bryan_D

Reaction
Why electric? I raced for years in electric and they are a blast but when the batteries wear down you need a backup with a gas one all you need is more fuel. I had a Yokomo and an associated loved them both but if i were to do it now i would only go gas I think. More speed = more fun.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I have never owned gas cars but when I see them people are always messing with them trying to keep them running, trying to start them, plus the noise factor they are pretty loud and I will be running the car at the park with my two little girls ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 so the quieter the better. I was reading a lot about gas cars and it would be nice to not have to worry about the batteries. But it seems like more problems come with them. Any advice?

"faster than it looks"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya gas is more maintence and they are a bitch sometimes to keep running just right....they are always to lean or to rich and you spend more time adjusting them than anything lol....however I still love gas...when the gas level gets low there is no drop in performance...when a battery starts to wear out it gets slower and slower and slower...so you really only have full power for the first couple mins.

But for your situation I would go electric.

An E-Maxx is an awesome truck and it will go over and do a lot of things the T3 wouldnt but then again its not going to be as fast as a T3......I would go with an E-Maxx myself....

Go Big Or Go Home