RC SC10 + backyard track = fun! :)

450grl

Reaction
So, I have decided that, in an effort to wean my son from his X-box 360, that I will be buying him an SC10 - along with that, we will be using our large, nicely landscaped backyard to build him a bada $ $ offroad track in our backyard. Thinking of some doubles, triples, tunnels, ramps and over-unders.....along with banked turns and maybe a pit as well.......I have raced at a ton of tracks (MX and short-course), but have never built one - should be fun!

Which leads me to the question....anyone have any pics of their home tracks?? Just curious what other people have done....thought it would be fun to see! :)

Shred918

Reaction
I have built several backyard tracks over the course of my life. One thing that stands out as an issue with what you are thinking is the over/ unders dont really work well with RC. You want to be able to keep you eye on the car at all times. Just make sure you keep the track very wide and it will be a lot of enjoyment. Most RC tracks are basically a replica of the short course tracks you are used to.

Another thing you can do is go to a couple local RC off-road tracks and see how they built them to get some ideas.

450grl

Reaction
Those are awesome.....was thinking of trying to replicate Chula or SW.....but I don't know if I have that kind of room.....lol!

V8S10

Reaction
We just tore ours down after having it for 5 years. The fun part for my son was we put 2 big **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** burms up the fence we put plywood behind it so it did not ruin it and just started from there. Like shred was saying over under doesnt really work but we had a double that we dug down like 2' on the approach and the landing was on level ground lots of big air. I regret taking it down cause now the kids are back on the video games all the time