RC10 vs Slash

peezy

Reaction
well, i am selling my X-Cellerator and going to be getting another RC Truck, I dont want a nitro truck so i am looking at the RC10 and the Traxxas Slash. I am tight on money so maybe the most $200 on my next truck.

What you guys think on these two trucks???

Witch is more fun?
Witch Fastest?
Witch is best for plaster city and less $$$$$$$$$

haha,
thanks, and sorry if this have been posted before

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
well, i am selling my X-Cellerator and going to be getting another RC Truck, I dont want a nitro truck so i am looking at the RC10 and the Traxxas Slash. I am tight on money so maybe the most $200 on my next truck.

What you guys think on these two trucks???

Witch is more fun?
Witch Fastest?
Witch is best for plaster city and less $$$$$$$$$

haha,
thanks, and sorry if this have been posted before

I have a Traxxas Slash ( Electric ) and a Traxxas Slayer ( Nitro ) and they're both fun

I just saw the AE SC10 in person yesterday and im getting one asap!

#1. They're all fun, depending if you jump curbs or hit the tracks or bmx jumps
#2. Both the traxxas and the AE's are fast, depending what you have installed Exp: Lipo batteries, wheel, tires, shocks, motors. They're mini race vehicles, the more money you spend, the faster you'll go!
#3. I've taken my Slash to the desert a few times and its a blast. The traxxas come RTR ( ready to race ) when the SC 10 you have to buy the motor and Electronic Speed Controler and the other goodies to make it run. ( which is better because you can pick from a huge list ) For the money, Id go with a Slash for now, bash it/crash it and save up the money and practice your skills for a SC10!

hopefully that answered your questions! :eek::D

xmikedentx

Reaction
I had my heart set on a SC10, but I grew impatient after the last delay on the 31st and just got a slash and switched it over to brushless. I figure I can get a lot of seat time on a more durable truck, and when the SC10 finally comes out, I can sell the slash and swap the stuff over to the 10. Building a SC10 from the ground up is around 750 bucks, if you dont have anything, so the slash was way cheaper for me. ($550 for me to get lipo and brushless on the slash)

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I had my heart set on a SC10, but I grew impatient after the last delay on the 31st and just got a slash and switched it over to brushless. I figure I can get a lot of seat time on a more durable truck, and when the SC10 finally comes out, I can sell the slash and swap the stuff over to the 10. Building a SC10 from the ground up is around 750 bucks, if you dont have anything, so the slash was way cheaper for me. ($550 for me to get lipo and brushless on the slash)

I love Brushless, don't you? :D

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
i have the new nitro slayer and the new RC10GT2 and i love em there bitching!!!

Check out Tekno RC and Convert your slayer to a Brushless 4wd.... I hate my Slayer.... run it for 20 mins, work on it and clean it for 3 hours :mad:

xmikedentx

Reaction
Definately love brushless.:) The adjustabilility of it is amazing, and the drive time to maintenence time ratio can't be beat. I have the mamba in my rc18t also. Makes it a blast to drive.

I do think the SC10 is a bit more streamlined and racer-ish than the slash out of the box, and if your like me, hop up parts are first on the christmas list, so it'll take the aftermarket a bit to catch up on the Associated.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Check out Tekno RC and Convert your slayer to a Brushless 4wd.... I hate my Slayer.... run it for 20 mins, work on it and clean it for 3 hours :mad:
Launch in ....5..............4............3............2..........

peezy

Reaction
yeah, i am still saving up money for my dirt bike, but i am trying to get this on the side haha. I love brushless too, but 550 is to much for it right know. Does the Slash run good/fast with the stock motor? or is there another motor i can upgrade to before the brushless?

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
yeah, i am still saving up money for my dirt bike, but i am trying to get this on the side haha. I love brushless too, but 550 is to much for it right know. Does the Slash run good/fast with the stock motor? or is there another motor i can upgrade to before the brushless?

the Slash is fun stock.... you can upgrade to the VXL Brushless kit that Traxxas sells

peezy

Reaction
so i can get the Traxxas Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor - VXL for $79.99 but do i need the

Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power System?

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
so i can get the Traxxas Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor - VXL for $79.99 but do i need the

Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power System?

just buy the VXL motor with the VXl Speed Controller

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
big hock posted this link for the VXL setup in the other thread.
everything you need for $139.99 (best deal i've seen)...

VXL link

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
^^^ Lots of spur gears!

Just to clarify, the SC10 is on the market. We started shipping them last week.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
^^^ Lots of spur gears!

Just to clarify, the SC10 is on the market. We started shipping them last week.

When did the bearded clam open to let you out of its musty lockdown?? :eek::eek:

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction

peezy

Reaction
thanks every one for the help, i sold my X-cellerator so i am getting the slash very soon and then i am getting the brushless

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
thanks every one for the help, i sold my X-cellerator so i am getting the slash very soon and then i am getting the brushless

welcome

have fun, let us know if you have any more questions!!