rdc down

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
We are back...

Starting Saturday night the server this website is hosted on developed a problem that resulted in inaccessibility of all websites hosted on the server. We started working the issue following the off-road expo at around 10pm on Sunday. In the early hours of Monday the decision was made to reinstall the operating system rather then fixing the problem. After some extensive backups at around 10 AM a new operating system was installed and all sites got uploaded and configured based on priority. Between Monday Noon and Tuesday early afternoon we patched little holes on all sites. At this point the server and this site is 95% back to its original state.

On race-dezert.com we lost some posts in the message board (right here), the picture gallery is still down, the readerz rides section is down (I have 100% of your data) and the classifieds section got reset to zero ads.

I hope this incident didn't inconvenience you too much. We tried our best to get things back up and running.

Klaus / race-deZert.com

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Geez that sounds like a pian in the arse! Thanks for all the hard work getting the board back up. I was almost forced to go out and do some work!

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Klaus, it sounds like you got hacked!

PJCinLV

Donahoe

Reaction
I was having big time RDC withdrawls...

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Tell me about! I actually had to do work!! eeeehhhh!! Please don't let this happen again Klaus!

Its amazing how much work you can get done when there is no RDC!

Thanks for your hard work in getting the board back up Klaus!

See ya in the dirt!

In_the_works

Reaction
Yup, I got so much actual work done without RDC that I almost got promoted. Please don't let it happen again! ;)

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab

Bryan_D

Reaction
I freaked out and started writting on another site abou how it was down and went into withdrawls. I couldnt do my homework correctly without rd on my breaks. Well usually it is homework on my breaks from rdc. Dont ever scare us like that again!!!!!!!!!!! (j/k)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
...and the internet is supposed to increase productivity. SURRRRRRRRE!

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
YEAH I HAD TIME TO DO SOME OTHER THINGS I GOT TO CATALOG ALL 74 OFF MY VINTAGE OFF-ROAD VIDEO'S

airboy808

Reaction
Aloha Klaus,

I just wanted to say that everyone at RDC does a great job and produce a great site. I also had withdrawls over the weekend, must have checked like every hour. Anyways, keep up the good job.

Thanks,
Chris

Kbach66

Reaction
I must admit....I felt like an addict without my fix!! Glad to see things are somewhat back to normal.

Klaus....good to finally meet you in person at the expo, and thanks for the DVD's, they'll make the plane trips to Japan much better!

pciscott

Reaction
My wife thought I reached the end of the internet! Klaus you need to keep the site up or I am likely to have another kid. I have an appointment with Dr. Hackemoff after BAJA. Later, Scott

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

JasonHutter

Reaction
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one with a problem!

Jason

michael_loomis

Reaction
thanks to the RDC crew for the great website they maintain.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Hello everyone, my name is Jason....and I'm a Race-Dezertaholic.

"My trucks not for your amusement, so stop asking me to jump my truck."

JasonHutter

Reaction
Ha Ha Ha!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Me too! I was going frickin insane.

Tha Realest