RDC Forum - Where you at?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
When we started RDC 10 years ago some of the ideas were to have the newbie race fan meet the seasoned off-road racer in a forum like this. Expose the ins and outs of desert racing to the public. Create transparency in the sport. Make friends and new connections.

We have succeeded with our goals but also invited some rift raft posts in the process.

It's no longer acceptable that some forum members constantly put down others. Use 4-letter language and simply don't respect their fellow rdc members.

Forum membership is a privilege not a right and we have decided to enforce our rules more strictly in an effort to maintain a quality forum.

Our moderators moving forward will enforce violations swift and strictly.

This is a warning to some and a promise to most.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
this will be either a good thing or bad.we`ll see soon I guess.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
I don't see how this will be anything but good. After reading the goals Klaus stated for RDC, I can think of specific ways each of those goals have been accomplished that I have seen firsthand.

There has been a recent resurgence in posting by "big names" in our sport here on the forum - hopefully the other big names that I know lurk will take those posts and this new commitment from RDC as in invite to share their .02 as well.

I know I have made some great friends on this site as well as some great connections. Through friendships made/reconnected on RDC, I have had the chance to co-ride in the two greatest races north of the border, drive for the first time in a race, and help out some of the best people in the off-road community at races.

Thanks Klaus/Curtis/RDC Mods for making that possible. I am really excited about the next thing big I am getting a chance to be involved in and how awesome it will be for the off-road community. Without RDC, it wouldn't have happened.

I think Klaus summed it up pretty well - This is a warning to some and a promise to most. There are a few people on here that do nothing but put down other members and push the envelope way past PG. It doesn't seem like Klaus is threatening imminent bans for those that occasionally disagree or get in a spirited debate, or those that use language you see in PG rated movies. The mods are regular people that post in here just like everyone else and seem to have good common sense when considering the context of posts and the need for some smack-down.

I am glad the mods have left some room for common sense enforcment of the rules and Klaus is working to add a few extra qualified people to enforce the rules. As recently as a couple weeks ago, there were mods deleting other mods posts, so it seems fairness will not be a problem.

Reaction
Just think before you type! Then re-read before you post. Mean what you say, say what you mean, and be respectful and you won't have to apologize to anyone. They may not agree with you or like what you said, but...

BenStock

Reaction
A good piece of advice for e-communication is to read it out loud before submitting any posts.

mgobaja

Reaction
Sarcasim and tone is very tough to type, imposible for a lot of us. This is what seems to get most into issues with others. I sure wish there was a way to simplify that process.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
IMO the Purple side is a detractor to RDC. Ive put some opinions in over there but that segment can only detract from sponsors of RDC or draw sponsors who have nothing to do with desert racing. Perhaps if purple is getting enough traffic it can become its own forum?

Reaction
I like "purple." Sure, it gets heated in there, but that's the nature of political discourse. Maybe moderate the name calling, but RR and I had fun yesterday playing "MY dad can beat your dad."

What I don't like is racism and sexism in "whatever."

I sure wish you'd remove the derogotory Michelle Obama stuff, or at least explain why my pleas for it to be removed go unheeded. Perhaps that's why some big-name racers have left rdc or now post under pseudonyms.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

5racer

Reaction
i think all political and religion should be anywhere but on rdc.but i guess i always have the power not to read also .

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
hey klaus maybe you should move this thread in the desert section, very few people go in this section and the desert section is where most of the traffic is at

ChromolyKid

Reaction
That's a good call chicken lips. Not too many people seem to flow through this category. I kinda agree with 5racer too, it seems all the political guys are here just to argue and contradict what anybody else says. Not a good atmosphere once they join in. But, just different strokes right?