RDC Kangaroo Court

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Yeah I don’t think it’s right to go after someone to pay for damage to your race vehicle. It’s racing, poop happens.

Dan McMillin side swiped me at the Mint. Took out a bedside. All I wanted was his signature on the bed side. Haha he still owes me that signature. Haha

Mike

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Yeah I don’t think it’s right to go after someone to pay for damage to your race vehicle. It’s racing, poop happens.

Dan McMillin side swiped me at the Mint. Took out a bedside. All I wanted was his signature on the bed side. Haha he still owes me that signature. Haha

Mike
Weren't you guys trying to figure out a way for those to fall off anyhow?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
BCBFE965-E941-4942-829F-B72C0AFE0BC9.jpeg
LOL

No not us. We can’t afford fenders every race. But we did pick up 2mph without bedsides at Cal City.

Was bummed we lost both at that race and never got them. Too many tweakers out there.

Got some new freshly fenders for the Mint. First set we had to buy this year. That’s one nice thing about a bunch of DNF’s.

@DanMcMillin you can just sign one of our new ones.

Mike

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto

Mike
Andy Mc nerfed me i believe 05 Parker, comming into the pits,put a ding in my homemade jeepspeed bumper, it never got fixxed

SanoDano

RDC Crypto

Mike
Damage is one thing if it happens during the NORMAL course of racing, especially between guys in the same class, that is to be expected.
What happen in the 1000 was a total disregard for the safety and property of the Cl10 that was rammed at speed by a truck that at the time was running a ways behind the leaders and chose to hit a buggy that weighs at least 1/2 as much, if not more.
The impact was such that it broke the tubing of the rear cage in half, put a hole in the rear of the motor, lifted the whole rear cage 3-4" with bends just pass the shock mounts, smashed/bent the headers and muffler, in fact there were bent/broken pieces all the way up to the spare tire.
All of this could have been avoided if the 264 truck used the STELLA to request to pass, as some of the SPEC Trucks had done.
As stated before, we were hit with no waring, running 40-50 mph at the time of impact. I'm no engineer, but i'm guessing that the 264 was doing at least 70-80 mph at impact if not more.

So, Yes I would expect that the damages should be paid by the 264 driver/team!

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
Take the name off the truck and replace said driver with a donkey from Iowa in Class 8 truck.

Are you still bitching about the money?

Thats my only point. I dont condone caving a car in...but its still not clear exactly what happened which makes it a racing accident.

We were all racing this race TOGETHER. If you want Class 10 to be in its on little world, run a pink light or something.

My gut says there is a bigger tidal shift at play here.

C10 guys have been near the top end of performance in desert racing for years.

The fast guys could dice it up with TTs or C1s but no one else could catch them...even the faster other classes againist a slow 10 wasnt really close.

As such cars were built with no regard for those behind them.

UTVs, Ultra4 and even spec TTs were targets out of the gate and as such built cars to survive.

Now alot of cars can run comprable speeds and new guys can get in spec trucks and run faster than 10 cars.

I get that it is day time and that makes it harder to see your mirrors...but a spec tt racing amongst 10s at RM 170 is not remotely a back marker.

There was over a 1000 miles to go and hey have every right to get out of your dust too.

Stella does not work anywhere near consistently enough to be counted on in a situation like this.

I will submit that it actually causes the problems...because if the guy in back keeps hitting the button, and the car in front rabbits or doesnt get the signal, the car in back will ramp up the aggression out of frustration.

Regardless, i doubt anyone would be asking for money if they got hit by a broke dick 8 truck. Which is a bummer.

Just go racing.

Happy Thanksgiving

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Dave, I don't think the name or number on the truck, has anything to do with it. Yes the name has been tossed around here but that's more because the offender has been named rather than their ability to pay for the repairs. The fact here is and the main point of the conversation is that it appears, based on what we know from those who were hit, is that it was a complete dick move, unnecessary, potentially dangerous. And I would submit, that if it was some donkey from Iowa in an 8 truck, rather than a well known and respected member/family of the community, that even more people would be calling for their head, including you, talking about the dangers these inexperienced drivers pose to everyone.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
As stated before, we were hit with no waring, running 40-50 mph at the time of impact. I'm no engineer, but i'm guessing that the 264 was doing at least 70-80 mph at impact if not more.

So, Yes I would expect that the damages should be paid by the 264 driver/team!
Why would a 10 car be running 40-50 when a 6100 is running 70-80? This doesn't add up unless you were off the pace for some reason that hasn't been stated. If you were that far off the pace you probably should've had your eyes glued to the mirrors.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
I'm gonna go a different direction on this. My guess is the STT was driving blind off the gps, didn't even know they were coming up on the 10 car, and just drove through him since it wasn't marked on the gps. Is that part of racing and OK? Not intentional. but still a dick move?

SanoDano

RDC Crypto
Why would a 10 car be running 40-50 when a 6100 is running 70-80? This doesn't add up unless you were off the pace for some reason that hasn't been stated. If you were that far off the pace you probably should've had your eyes glued to the mirrors.
Fair enough........
No, weren't running off the pace...... as I stated, I'm guessing the they were running 70-80mph to do that much damage, could be way off!
Thing is that the two vehicles are at opposite ends regarding the speeds that they can go thru certain terrain, you have 160hp vs 500+/-hp, 2200lbs vs 5000/5500lbs+/-. Most of the SPEC Trucks will/have used the STELLA when the coarse opens up and we have moved over for them, and vice-versa when the coarse gets tight. In fact, shortly before getting hit by the 264, the 211 & 232 passed us with no problems (STELLA)!

SanoDano

RDC Crypto
Stella is not consistent. Period. None of them are.
I would tend to agree with you to a point....but will tell you that since SCORE has been using the STELLA we have never had a problem with it working! Tracking yes, but the STELLA has worked for us every single race!

What I have a hard time understanding, especially from experienced racers is the attitude that because someone may think that their STELLA may or may not be working, its OK to drive thru cars with total disregard to the safety of the driver(s)!

SanoDano

RDC Crypto
You running a worn out 2.2 ? My guess would be damn near same power to weight . But no turbo 400 for the ten car .
??? 2.2?, No.
run a 2.4 like the majority of class 10. All CL10's will make between 162-168 on a chassis dyno depending on trans, tires, etc.
the highest Ive heard of is low 170's with a 5 speed.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
maybe accused over nerfer dood maybe tapped 10 car as hard as he tapps fellow 6000 lb spec tt, its a kinetics energy tranfere miss- adjustment on the accused, i vote not guilty

champtruck77

RDC Crypto
In my opinion #264 is guilty; the pics tell the damage they did to those c10 cars. SCORE already gave them one hour penalty. Does #264 truck have to pay for the damages? My answer is yes.

Robby Gordon got disqualified in the 1999 Baja 1000 for abusive nerfing to a class 10 car stopped at a checkpoint. Andrew Myers was the driver of the 10 car, and couldn´t finished due to the severe hit.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Lots of variables go into offroad racing, the dust being on of the more frustrating ones. I understand how people can get frustrated and want to force the issue. Regardless, if you're in a spec truck that far down at mile 170, your odds of winning are slim. The Class 10 car you're going to battle with over track position may be battling for a lead position in his class and you're a dick for assuming your 8th place finish is more important that his possible win.

It is most definitely your responsibility to move your A$$ out of the way when a faster class is approaching.