RDC Kangaroo Court

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
If I see the truck at tech this weekend, I'll sign it but in the spirit of the Mint 400 I will have to charge you for it.

LOL 😂 thats funny. I am sure by tech day they will have taken all my money. But I might be able to come up with $4.

Mike

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
I don’t Prerun with people that are not safe. When you have a kid that is not even old enough to drive a vehicle on the road doing stuff like he was doing in the video, you are asking for an accident. He is not old enough to understand weight and inertia. I don’t want him accidentally killing kids or others when the 6000lb vehicle get out of control. It will not be good for him and most certainly NOT good for the sport.

champtruck77

RDC Crypto
In my opinion #264 is guilty; the pics tell the damage they did to those c10 cars. SCORE already gave them one hour penalty. Does #264 truck have to pay for the damages? My answer is yes.

Robby Gordon got disqualified in the 1999 Baja 1000 for abusive nerfing to a class 10 car stopped at a checkpoint. Andrew Myers was the driver of the 10 car, and couldn´t finished due to the severe hit.

1999 Baja 1000 - Courses Interruptus​

Dec. 01, 1999 By ORC STAFF
Robby Gordon had a load of problems at this year's 1000. Beside his down time (reason unknown), he had an accident at checkpoint #4 on the first lap. For whatever reason, he failed to stop in time and crashed into the back of a class 10 car that was stopped at the checkpoint to receive their stub ticket. No one was injured, but the check crew did have to jump for safety. Gordon was unable to attend the CRB and sent a note of apology, offering to pay for any damages. In a unanimous vote he was DQ'ed for unsafe driving that endangered the checkpoint personnel.

link : 1999 Baja 1000 - Courses Interruptus: Off-Road.com

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I don’t think anyone is saying what they did was that bad. The bad part is they have not apologized in any way.

Even if someone steps on your heal in a line and gives you a flat tire you expect them to apologize.

This was way worse than that and not only did real
Damage but ruined one guys race. I can’t imagine the disappointment of having someone else take you out of a race like that and then not even apologize.

I actually gave the driver the benefit of the doubt and suggested he didn’t mean to hit them that hard. But they should still apologize. Just because you didn’t mean to make a mistake does not take away the damages from that mistake.

The off-road community is amazing for the most part. Every single time we have had a scuffle on the course that breaks ours or someone else’s stuff there is a apology and conversation after. It helps.

Mike

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
I don’t Prerun with people that are not safe. When you have a kid that is not even old enough to drive a vehicle on the road doing stuff like he was doing in the video, you are asking for an accident. He is not old enough to understand weight and inertia. I don’t want him accidentally killing kids or others when the 6000lb vehicle get out of control. It will not be good for him and most certainly NOT good for the sport.

I am not bowing to the alter of The Gordon Family Tree, but I have seen a few people come and go, Max Gordon is not only more mature and 'pro' than most (likely from watching his Dad's successes AND failures) but he has legitimate car control and skill (which is most likely from watching Rob Mac :) )

I have said the same directly to Robby. Max has been impressive as a person every time Ive interacted with him. He is not the standard whatever ridiculously young age he is.

I havent even watched the video, but I cant imagine it will be in the top 1000 most dangerous things I saw in Baja this year.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
I am not bowing to the alter of The Gordon Family Tree, but I have seen a few people come and go, Max Gordon is not only more mature and 'pro' than most (likely from watching his Dad's successes AND failures) but he has legitimate car control and skill (which is most likely from watching Rob Mac :) )
Quote of the day. :)

ACME

RDC Crypto
I can’t imagine the disappointment of having someone else take you out of a race like that and then not even apologize.
MP: Speaking from experience on this; it sucks to be taken out (especially when leading) by a back marker from a faster class pulling a "dickhead" move (even more so depending on how they respond to you).

IMO Expecting someone to respond on a forum they obviously don't participate on (and probably don't care about) seems dumb. Assuming this has been brought up to the "offending party", one would think they would at least try to clear the air with the other involved party. That is between them and how it all unfolds from there depends on one's character (or lack of) and response and your view.

As for the whiney racer or class X comments: No racer, regardless of class or profile deserves to be hammered or taken out by anyone out of spite. If it was a "racing incident", that's racing; but if it was due to anger, or a lack of regard for another competitor that's an entirely different deal and trying to figure in or blame a car bumpers or design etc... is again dumb.

Not to get philosophical but, one time could be a mistake or lapse in judgement, a second seems to indicate a pattern

Once again, there seems to be a dichotomy in how much respect racers of various classes or profiles seem to be granted by certain members of the "kangaroo court"... just an observation

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Acme

Totally agree. I was not expecting any Herbst to come apologize on RDC. They could however reach out on any social media platforms to apologize and it seems they have not. It’s pretty easy to get a hold of people these days. I have had interaction with Troy Herbst on IG. LOL

Would have been easy and maybe better to find them in person after the race which is what many teams do. No excuse for not taking the time to say I am sorry.

Mike

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
BC34FFE3-80FF-4136-816E-C5E5DAB8FE25.gif

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
43mod

Come on. You are saying apology is not needed but no doubt it will be made at some point?

I get you can’t always find people and especially at the B1K. Was making a broad statement about how easy it is to apologize.

I need to change my name to Herbst. Then I can get away with anything and nobody will give me poop. What a Joke.

Good thing you can type on here. It would be hard to understand you with that Herbst dick in your mouth. Haha

Mike

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
sm sucks, its like instantaneous public thrashing, in the old days the partys concerned would eventually run into each other at a bar during contingency at the next race& ' hash things out' , then, word would get out, good or bad, problem solved, sm seems to just make things fester& get All kindsof blown out of proportion.im over it.264, innocent( of what?, i dont know or care...