RDC Mountain Bike Day

homey

Reaction
After reading all of the posts on here about everyone's hobbies, I thought we should organize a day where we can all meet up at Big Bear or some other riding spot and ride for a day some upcomming weekend. I could do Downhill, light XC, dirt jumping, BMX, or just play riding. Any takers on this idea? The season at Big Bear is almost over and that place is fun for everyone. Give me some ideas, I also know of tons of local (O.C.) trails if most people would like to ride in my area!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I am down for Big Bear. I sold my bike and have not purchased a new one yet so at least in Big Bear I could rent one..

homey

Reaction
I might be able to hook you up with a bike for the day or a deal...I'll let you know when the day gets closer.

RRose

Reaction
I'm in for a day of downhill!

Kbach66

Reaction
Sign me up for a downhill day.....even better if it's on a weekday so I can claim the hours as "Market Research"!!

martininsocal

Reaction
Man- the season is not almost over up here. Usually there is no real snow on teh ground until after X-mas. The riding in the fall is great. If you really wanmt a great ride, and its almost all downhill, run the road from Baldwin Lake to Pioneer town. The run down the Santa Ana River is pretty popular too. Sorry, but for me, a ski lift is just that, something I ride to go boarding/skiing. And yes, I have RIDDEN to the top of summit from the base in one of the races. Come on, How about Holcomb Valley, it will give you guys some ideas for some great test roads for your prerunners.

tedmales

Reaction
a ski lift is the only way up, i could not , even if i wanted too hump my 50lbs bike up the hill its all i can do to get down..... but i am in anyway, martin i need you in case my heart blows out on the uphill.....ha
ted

homey

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Kevin, we need to test those new Honda downhill bikes..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Anyone want to try for Big Bear next Saturday? (09/27)

bajaboy

Reaction
I'm down for the wussy XC rides, got no DH equip. Anyone got the hook up on XTR components?

Kbach66

Reaction
I actually got to ride one of the protos up at Big Bear about 4 months or so ago. I must say...it was pretty damn nice but I don't know many people that are ready to shell out that kind of $$ for a DH rig, even if it is race ready out of the box.....I guess we'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes into production because my Division Director at work loves mountain bikes so I know he'll be able to get a hold of one for "long term testing"!!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Time to shed the roadie lycra, and dust off the Slammer!!!
Who when and where?

Personally, I think BB would be the better venue.

-Gabe

homey

Reaction
Does September 27 at Big Bear work for a majority of the people...that is next Saturday. For those that don't have bikes but are still interrested, you can rent a bike up there, or maybe we will have a "Honda Demo Day"! Not likely but how sweet would it be for "Joe Schmo" to give Honda feedback on their new DH bike!

homey

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How about Oct 18th? Its a Saturday gives people time to plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in as far as I know.

orvacian

Reaction
I would be down to go and my friend Dave too. We were just talking about going to Big Bear a week ago. Mines not really a downhill bike either, it's a hardtail with 24x2.75's and a JR T front fork. I don't think I will be going big but I will try to stay off the brakes. Duffco Dan used to race downhill, he would probably like to go. I will give him a call.

dunerking

Reaction
I really don't know any of you guys but I'm way in to going to. I've got a couple of the fellas that are in as well.Just got back from Mammoth about a month ago,it was great like allows.

dezdude

<font color="#800000"><b> RDC Photographer</b></fo
Reaction
I put it on my calendar so I am planning on it. I havent made it up at all this year that would be very cool if it works out.

homey

Reaction
Does anyone know of a good place to meet for breakfast? It would be cool to get to know some people before we hit the trails!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Probably the best breakfasts are @ Teddy Bear's... its right off main street in the village.

-Gabe