• Forum membership has its advantages....

RDC Night..........

I'm located in........

• Orange county area.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Diego county area.

• L.A. county area.

• Inland empire area.

• Total voters

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -

Ok there are a lot of us on this board and its getting to be like a big group of friends. Only one problem. Most of us don’t know whom we are talking to. So I’m putting this out to all those in the So. Cal. area. (or who ever want’s to drive)
How about an un-official (unless Klaus & John say otherwise) RDC night so we can all meet and see who we are talking to. Everyone was big on the Dromo One thing but it never really happened because of the whole track time issue. So lets do it at a sports bar or something like that where we can just go and hang. Say the first Friday night of the month at Dave & Busters in Irvine at the Spectrum for example, plenty of room for everyone and minimal planning. Open to ideas on this, lets make it happen.

Shaun

I think it is a really good idea and I would be up for it. But we have tried similar things in the past and no one has shown up.. I say if we can make it happen, Lets go for it... It can be an official RDC event as lnog as someone buys me a beer (Coors light).. :)

rdc

Tell ya what John, I’ll buy you that beer just to make it official! Lets let this thread run for a few days, come up with a local and just let it happen. If the RDC people show, cool, if not, no loss and you get free beers!

Shaun

rdc

SpeedZone is sweet!
They have a huge Bar/Resteraunt/5 diff. race tracks indy, Drags,slick, & regular. + /(Ivan stewart arcade games!)
Anyone ever been?

Waldo

Safehouse
ESPNzone in Anaheim has bitchin video games. They have an ivan off-road game there..you get to choose his truck, McCacheren's old truck, Ragland's, and one other. They also have an Indy Car simulator that races LVMS. It's an actual car on hydraulics that you control. Depending on how fast you go, wind blows in your face..It's unbelievable! The place gets pretty busy on the weekends though.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

tkr

There's a bar at Speedzone?? Oh man, I can see this getting ugly real quick...
Lol
Pick a time and place, I'm in.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

rdc

I don't drink & drive.
I drive & drink.
Any time is a good time @ speedzone! They're usually not that crowded most of the times I have gone.

Gabe Lara

I think the Speedzone thing would be better.
And its got a central location for everyone in the greater LA area as well.

How about next Saturday evening?

tkr

Works for me

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

poolman

Is anyone going to the off road show in Las Vegas next weekend?That would be a place to start.Or how about a Arizona meeting sometime?Arizona People

JenDiggityDirt

But Gabe *whine*...next Saturday evening a bunch of people will be in Vegas for the Sand & Offroad Show *pout*

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

rdc

Cool, getting some input. SpeedZone is a zoo on weekend nights and does not offer a "hang-out and talk" atmosphere like a D&B does. Nor does it have a bar. Let’s keep it in a sports bar atmosphere and not be so concerned about what games we can play. My original post is about meeting people, having a drink, maybe some food, and getting to know one another. If it's game's you want then we need to get the Dromo One thing going, that would be a kick in the pants getting the RDC crowd racing against one another. Oh the stories that would come out of that! Anyway, keep the ideas coming.

Shaun

rdc

Ok, let’s do this. Lets find out where you guys live. Maybe that can help decide a location. Please, only vote if attending something like this sounds like something that you would be interested in.

Shaun

Thanks for helping us put this together Shaun, or better yet, for putting it together. I would love to meet more readers, I am sure I have seen most of them at a race but unless we wear name tags, we would never know.. Lets make this happen people. Not that I am special but the closer to OC the better with my newborn at home. Thanks.

Klaus

Administrator
Curtis,

we talked about this before...actualy earlier on the phone...
YOU NEED TO MOVE TO SoCal.

My couch is your couch (bed)..anytime...

;-)

Gabe Lara

Speedzone does in fact have a bar.....and really isn't too bad on the weekends...but then again all the kids aare getting out of school too...
But I'd have to agree with Shaun, and have it in more of a laidback environment.
I'm open for suggestions.
Hell, even Denny's over some coffee...

Yeah, I know Klaus. Maybe when I am rich, then I can just jump on the plane and make the hour trip whenever I want.

:)

Maybe I will just happen to be down there a weekend that happens. Just like the Malibu Dan's/Dave and Busters get together.
( it should happen once a month like the IP meetings)

Klaus

Administrator
Why reinvent the wheel ?

Maybe combine the proposed rdc meeting with the monthly IP meeting.
I attended the last meeting right after the 500 and had a blast...