• Forum membership has its advantages....

RDC Project Vehicle - Ford Ranger

Klaus

Administrator
Re: Discussions

Yeah...
Truck was in storage at a friends place for a long time. Now its at my boys Aries place and he will finish most of it.
I am collecting parts as I see them in our classifieds.

Once there is more to show for updates will be posted.

pjc

Chairman

Klaus, your Ranger is likely gonna be a lot more top heavy than a TL..

HINT!

Klaus

Administrator

Update:

- Picked up a mock-up Mastercraft Po4 Suspension Seat from Mastercraft. Thanks Robby for the hockup.
- Turnkey Engines gave me a mock-up LS2 block with cylinder head and oil pan while the real engine is on order.
- Got 90% of my rear end parts together. Missing Rotors, Calibers and the correct drive plates.
- Arie took the roof off to weld inside the cab and also started on welding up the rear part of the cage.

Overall slow but solid no short cuts progress.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB

How about some pics. if you get the chance?

Klaus

Administrator

Yeah I meant to take some updated pictures last Wednesday when I went over to the shop but left the cameras in the office. Will do next week. The way the roof got cut off is very slick and clean and worth sharing.

Prerunin554

Yes, pictures please! I am collecting parts here as well for my ranger, hopefully you have stopped scouting the classifieds here for a while, i need parts too :D

I should be ready to start with it in the next 2 months....

fab101

Klaus, I am excited that you are back in action on the Ranger... can't wait to see these updated pics!

Klaus

Administrator

little progress. Bought a used 4L80 today though.
I am just lining parts up.

Sad

charlie_brown

i will go by a few DP7 dvd's while i am still working. will that help?

JoeyD23

Tell Arie to snap some pics Klaus! Lets see some of his work....anyone that Knows Arie knows he can lay a mean bead!!!

milktoast

You build looks great! I'm a newbie and gathering up as many ideas (particularily cab cage design) as I can and all your pix are a great help. I had a question about your cab cage in regard to SCORE rules. I'm having a tough time interpreting their rules for cage design (their little picture leaves a lot to be desired) and their fractioned sentences make it tough to figure out just what they are requiring. In the 2006-2010 rule book p.33 they say "Upper main, front, rear, and lateral rollbar hoops must be made in one piece without joints". I figure that I must be misinterpreting what they are saying, since you are building yours score legal and it looks like you are using welded joints for most of the cab.

Klaus

Administrator
I am aborting this built and will part everything out in the classifieds.

It just takes too long and I lost focus and interest so best to cut my loses and have one less thing on my shoulders. Another reason is that I like to drive fast and competitive offroad and I currently do that with our class11. That is all the off-road fix I can time wise handle so this 1980s area trophy truck is over my head to begin with. I wouldn't have the time and space to maintain it. I am not the type that drives a fast car slowly up and down pitrow/down town/contingency for all to see my toy and driving this project at 100% costs me too much overhead.

I would be super stocked if someone would take over in the same or very similar direction the built started out.

Look for all components for sale in our own classifieds starting around now. It will take me a few days to list everything and figure out a fair asking price.

If anyone wants to buy all it will be packaged at a discount.

Chris Tobin

Klaus, you might want to put links to your classified ads since it is time consuming to go through all of them page by page... Either that or include a good search feature for the classifieds.