RDC trying to get even MORE lame???

green787

Reaction
Back then dislike was a custom code add-on that I though off and then tinkered with. It took quite some time and effort to get it to work right. That code needs a re-write for this newer forum software. After its deployment then I stopped paying attention to it and just ignored if and what peopled disliked or what type of ranking a user got. If the community wants it back I am open to bring it back and also retain the old dislike data history.

There is a technical and efforts reason on my part why dislike went away but there is also my mindset that changed. It's that of seeking and surrounding myself with positivity.

There are two guys walking on the beach. One sees trash floating in the water the other sees the beautiful sunset in the horizon.

I thought it was a self policing device... If enough people disliked the crap you were spewing your post went dark.... I would have set it at ten dislikes.... but I'm a libtard...

Last edited:

lvzfyr

Reaction
There are two guys walking on the beach. One sees trash floating in the water the other sees the beautiful sunset in the horizon.[/QUOTE]

Ignoring the trash doesn't make the sunset more beautiful. Picking it up does

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
What happened??? The site used to look cool... Now all this white is hurting my eyes...!!!!
Kleezy, almost never is this guy right about anything but, this time he is. Can ya darken it some or get rid of the white borders?

Also, I cant log in on tapa talk or the RDC app. (which will really mess up my Baja 500 trip)

AZ7000'

Reaction
I'm not seeing the General grabber, UTV something, or ads for other bad ass stuff. I gotta believe it is coming and that usually took up all the border space.

And x2 on the tapatalk

DG_BTI

Reaction
serious question, how to you go to the first unread post? If I click on a topic I have been following, it now takes me to the beginning of the thread? Do we have to try to remember what post we last read and what page it was on?

Bricoop

Reaction
serious question, how to you go to the first unread post? If I click on a topic I have been following, it now takes me to the beginning of the thread? Do we have to try to remember what post we last read and what page it was on?
It is intermittent for me. It appears that since the refresh, the first time you visit a thread, you'll be taken to page 1. Once you visit the thread, and someone else makes a post, it will take you to the new post. If there are no new posts, it takes you to page 1.

DG_BTI

Reaction
It is intermittent for me. It appears that since the refresh, the first time you visit a thread, you'll be taken to page 1. Once you visit the thread, and someone else makes a post, it will take you to the new post. If there are no new posts, it takes you to page 1.

ah, got it, thanks

ACME

Reaction
[QUOTE="klaus, post: 1831043, member: 3"

There is a technical and efforts reason on my part why dislike went away but there is also my mindset that changed. It's that of seeking and surrounding myself with positivity.

There are two guys walking on the beach. One sees trash floating in the water the other sees the beautiful sunset in the horizon.[/QUOTE]

But the trash is still in the water and ignoring it won't make it go away. The sunset is still there regardless but you should be able to call a spade a spade and note the trash...

PS the Millennial walks by, as the trash is not his problem and he doesn't want to upset the guy that discarded it on the beautiful beach or he is too busy on his phone...

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
and obviously, the view counter doesnt work either........at least santa wont be bored for a while.....plenty to fix.....

scottm

Reaction
RDC is a Joke these days. This supposed to be the best Desert racing website!!!! Race coverage on this site has been going down hill every year.
I don"t even look for Race coverage in here anymore.

Lucky for him the dislike went away and I don't have an appropriate gif.. Anyone?

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Lucky for him the dislike went away and I don't have an appropriate gif.. Anyone?
Max.png