Really bummed for the #51 team

PAB

40's rock!
I know there are already photos being emailed around so I don't think it's a big deal to mention how bummed I am for these guys.

We were what I felt was close to this outcome at the 2008 Baja 1000 and we were very lucky....very

I don't care who you are this is a hard deal to swallow and thank GOD everyone is okay.

Bean and I are here on the couch in SC having a cocktail now and know where the feelings start, we were really lucky.

Sorry guys

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Trust me I know this all to well. It really sucks and I feel terrible for them. Like was said when we lost our truck at the 2008 Parker 425 due to fire, trucks can be replaced, lives can't...

desertracer

Truck caught on fire just after pit 2 and I think was a total loss. Was hard to watch it happen, looked good coming through just min before. Glad all were ok.

klaus

Administrator
I was filming just passed pit 2 and may have gotten the last ever video of teh truck before it happened just down the way.
I heard the engine rev up, brief silent, high rev and then total silence. The truck was covered in the dust so at first I thought it was odd sounding. My fear was that it rolled or something like that. Once the dust settled I saw it in the far distance to the side of the course and it appeared that at least one occupant was standing next to it. There is some steam or light smoke. Then moments later flames.

By the time a couple of trucks from the pit made it out to the scene a good solid 5 minutes must have passed and the TT was in flames beyond return.

Very sad to see. I have seen one carnage photo of it but are awaiting clearance to post it.

pjc

Chairman
Sad to hear. I believe that was Bobby Baldwins old Truggy that Cory turned into a TT.

Would a foam based fire suppression system have helped? We have both gas and foam for safety. The foam system hits twice in the cockpit and then over the motor.

Brice

Sad to hear. I believe that was Bobby Baldwins old Truggy that Cory turned into a TT.

Would a foam based fire suppression system have helped? We have both gas and foam for safety. The foam system hits twice in the cockpit and then over the motor.
we were also at pit 2 watching the second race. the foam got there (via an emergency vehicle) after the truck had been burning for close to 15-20mins.

it was such a sad sight to see. i'm really sorry guys. i was sick to my stomach.

on a side note, a truck with two extinguishers was about to head out on an access road to the truck when a certain official stopped the truck and made the guy run the extinguishers out to the car which was a good 1.5 miles out. what a prick.

Last edited:

Chaplain

God Dude
There were a few total losses (race trucks) this race due to fire and crashes. Praise God everyone is ok this evening.

Mcarlson1

Man that sucks, im glad that they were ok but i cant imagine seeing my hard earned money burn to the ground and not being able to do anything about it. I guess the silver lining is you just gotta keep your chin up and be glad that your ok. Sorry again guys.

Thanks,
Mike

Stimpy

Machines can be replaced.....our loved ones can not!

Thats to the man up stairs that everyone is alright!

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
on a side note, a truck with two extinguishers was about to head out on an access road to the truck when a certain official stopped the truck and made the guy run the extinguishers out to the car which was a good 1.5 miles out. what a prick.
Are you kidding me? What kind of power-trip is that? Safety is the most important factor in racing. If you have proof that an "official" made that kind of call, then he deserves to be tar and feathered.

Gabriel Garcia

Thanks God for put safe Kory and his co-driver, i suposed is Chris Benitez, i know Kory personally and is a great person, also, always i want to don´t saw things like this.
Is a shame know this story about his truck in fire, but is better know about he and his co-dog are ok.

Gabriel Garcia

PJC, i put two pictures of the truggys, one of Kory and other of Bobby.

The old truggy Porter of Bobby Baldwin is the actual Ford F-150 Trick-Truck using by Dale Dondel and Joe Heger.

The actual Trick/Trophy-Truck of Kory is his old truggy Porter, with changes and a new body of Chevy, i hope this can help you, only for clarify this.

Attachments