Really people get off your a sses!!!!

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
We must ACT NOW to save the OHV program!
CORVA_Logo2_200.jpg

The Issue: On Friday, February 18th, the Assembly Budget Committee voted to take $27 million out of the OHV operating budget. This would NOT be a loan, and would continue unstopped year after year. It would result in closures and cut-backs to the California OHV Parks – Carnegie, Clay Pit, Heber Dunes, Hollister Hills, Hungry Valley, Mammoth Bar, Oceano Dunes, Ocotillo Wells and Prairie City. The Snow Grooming program and State Sno-Parks will also be greatly affected or closed. In addition, the Governor is proposing to take $21 million more from the OHV program. This could be the end of the OHV program as we have enjoyed it for the last 40 years.

This Wednesday, February 23rd, the Conference Committee will meet in the State Capitol to iron out difference between the State Assembly and Senate Budget Committees. We have to influence the following Conference Committee members through our elected legislative representatives: Senator Leno, Vice Chair; Senator Lowenthal, Senator Negrete McLeod , Senator Huff, and Senator Emmerson, and Assemblyman Blumenfield.

What can you do: ACT NOW! and contact your legislative members ASAP. Find your representatives here, and use the speaking points below, or add some of your own: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/legislators_and_districts/legislators/your_legislator.html

The budget proposes only an $11 million cut for 270 State Parks, yet a cut of $27 million is proposed from the OHV division which has only 8 State OHV Parks. This represents less than a 10% cut to State Park operations, but over a 40% reduction to the operating budget of the OHV parks. The OHV Division is a user funded program, taking NO money from the General Fund.

The State OHV Parks are all about children, offering them opportunities to recreate outdoors. The OHV parks encourage families to go camping, and offer urban residents the chance to enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment. The OHV parks enjoyed a 150% increase in attendance over the last 10 years, which State Parks cannot equal.

The Law says the OHV division of State Parks should have equal priority among the other State Parks. Budget impacts should be equally shared....yet the State OHV Parks have had $112 million dollars taken over the last 3 years. Now the Assembly proposes to gut the program, favoring less popular State Parks. This is certainly discriminatory, and counter to the law. The OHV community has given more than it's fair share of the OHV Trust Fund. These are dedicated user fees.

The OHV community has taken legal action for two other attempts of this kind...and the State has lost! We sued you and won $21.5 million. We are willing and able to do this again, and the State will lose even more money before all this is over. We will pursue all legal remedies to stop this action, and stop the discrimination against the State OHV Program and affiliated activities.

Please send this to all your friends, networks, clubs and forums. This is a serious issue, and only we can make a difference.

aphantomduck

RDC Crypto
It will likely take the threatened lawsuit to get the legislature and the gov's attention on this.

From my research on this, we stand a GREAT chance in prevailing in the Court.

This will take $, a lot of time and effort.

Get ready for the wild ride.

Mike Hobbs

RDC Crypto
If you live in:
Apple Valley, Arcadia, Bradbury, Claremont, Crestline, Glendora, Hesperia, Highland, La Crescenta, La Verne, Lake Arrowhead, Monrovia, Redlands, San Bernardino, San Dimas, Sierra Madre

You need to contact:
Tim Donnelly
District 59 Office
540 W. Baseline Rd. Suite 16
Claremont, CA 91711
(P) (909) 625-1038
(F) (909) 625-1063
Capitol Office
State Capitol, Rm. 2002
Sacramento, CA 95814
(P) (916) 319-2059
(F) (916) 319-2159

Website is: http://arc.asm.ca.gov/member/59/?

aphantomduck

RDC Crypto
What group is going to take the lead on this and sue?

I'm thinking it will be a group effort of AMA through their districts, CORVA, CA4WDC, ASA, perhaps Blue Ribbon, and a host of other groups. I see a coaltion effort on this.

This issue has been litigated on twice in the past and both times the State lost.

There must be a bunch of folks in Sacramento that have a short memory about the legal aspects they will put the state in harms way.

Beebe

RDC Crypto
Done.

And to all the folks who do read this and who do write or call on behalf of OHMVR, PLEASE do us a favor and post up!

Many times we put out these alerts and while we know there are many folks who act, it's much easier for us to see the results if you post that you have called or written.

Thanks,
Bebe

baja619

RDC Crypto
Website
www.fiberwerx.com
Urgent action is needed to preserve OHV parks in California
The Issue:

On Friday, February 18, 2011, the California Assembly Budget Committee voted to take $27 million out of the OHV operating budget. This would NOT be a loan, and would continue year after year. It would result in closures and cutbacks to the California OHV Parks: Carnegie, Clay Pit, Heber Dunes, Hollister Hills, Hungry Valley, Mammoth Bar, Oceano Dunes, Ocotillo Wells and Prairie City. The Snow Grooming program and State Sno-Parks will also be greatly affected or closed. In addition, the Governor is proposing to take $21 million more from the OHV program. This could be the end of the OHV program as we have enjoyed it for the last 40 years.

TODAY, February 23, the Conference Committee will meet in the State Capitol to iron out difference between the State Assembly and Senate Budget Committees. We have to influence the following Conference Committee members through our elected legislative representatives: Senator Leno, Vice Chair; Senator Lowenthal, Senator Negrete McLeod , Senator Huff, and Senator Emmerson, and Assemblyman Blumenfield.
What can you do:

ACT NOW! and contact your legislative members ASAP. Find your representatives below, and use the talking points that follow when you are speaking to them. You may also add talking points of your own.

Contacts:

Senator Mark Leno
(916) 651-4003
http://dist03.casen.govoffice.com/

Senator Alan Lowenthal
(916) 651-4027
http://dist27.casen.govoffice.com/

Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod
Senator.McLeod@senate.ca.govThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
http://dist32.casen.govoffice.com/

Senator Bob Huff
(916) 651-4029
http://cssrc.us/web/29/contact_me.aspx

Senator Bill Emmerson
(916) 651-4037
http://cssrc.us/web/37/contact_us.aspx

Assemblymember Bob Blumenfield
(916) 319-2040
http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a40/
Talking Points:

* The budget proposes only an $11 million cut for 270 State Parks, yet a cut of $27 million is proposed from the OHV division which has only eight State OHV Parks. This represents less than a 10% cut to State Park operations, but over a forty-percent (40%) reduction to the operating budget of the OHV parks. The OHV Division is a user-funded program, taking NO money from the General Fund.

* The State OHV Parks are all about children, offering them opportunities to recreate outdoors. The OHV parks encourage families to go camping, and offer urban residents the chance to enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment. The OHV parks enjoyed a 150% increase in attendance over the last 10 years, which State Parks cannot equal.

* The Law says the OHV division of State Parks should have equal priority among the other State Parks. Budget impacts should be equally shared... yet the State OHV Parks have had $112 million dollars taken over the last three years. Now the Assembly proposes to gut the program, favoring less popular State Parks. This is certainly discriminatory, and counter to the law. The OHV community has given more than its fair share of the OHV Trust Fund. These are dedicated user fees.

* The OHV community has taken legal action for two other attempts of this kind...and the State has lost! We sued you and won $21.5 million. We are willing and able to do this again, and the State will lose even more money before all this is over. We will pursue all legal remedies to stop this action, and stop the discrimination against the State OHV Program and affiliated activities.

Beebe

RDC Crypto
I listened to the live audio feed today, and I was severely disappointed in the advice coming from the LAO's Office.

Then it dawned on me!

THESE are the people who come up with these cockamaymee ideas. THESE are the people who advise our legislators.

It took me back to when we were Water Boarded (Rubicon CAO), and I was sitting on the 'discovery' panel listening to the "Staff" ask questions. I decided that some of the Water Board Staff members (one in particular) was extremely hostile towards us, and made some very scary statements which led me to believe he was there to make a 'career' for himself or that he was an absolute hater of OHV's and was hell bent on shutting down the Rubicon. He was one holier than thou mothfukle!!!

SO I say lets not only communicate with our Elected Officials, lets hit up the LAO's office!!!! They are not elected, and seriously make their careers off our dime. (and I paid a crapload of taxes this year so I kinda feel like they owe me )

So, here it is!

This is the LAO's "ORG Chart" http://www.lao.ca.gov/laoapp/laomenu...rg/laoorg.aspx

It shows Mark Newton as the Director of Resources and Environmental Protection: http://www.lao.ca.gov/laoapp/laomenu...rg/laoorg.aspx

It show Lia Moore who's Program Area includes (among many, many others - I bet she's tired) State Park and Recreation Areas: http://www.lao.ca.gov/laoapp/Staff_s...ge.aspx?id=221

When you click on Mark Newtons name you get this:
Mark Newton
Director, Resources & Environmental Protection
(916) 319-8323
Mark.Newton@lao.ca.gov

When you click on Lia Moores name you get this:
Lia Moore
Fiscal & Policy Analyst
(916) 319-8333
Lia.Moore@LAO.CA.GOV
----- Original Message -----
To: Mark.Newton@lao.ca.gov ; Lia.Moore@LAO.CA.GOV
Cc: Ted Gaines ; Tom McClintock
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:49 PM
Subject: URGENT: California OHMVR Program

Dear Mr. Newton and Ms. Moore,

I've been doing my best to keep up on what is happening to the OHMVR Program funds, and last night I was sent this information, and was told to send it to my legislators. However, I watched a video from last week and saw the LAO's office was making all the recommendations (sorry, prior to now, I had no idea where all the recommendations come from) so I have decided to send these comments to you!

* The budget proposes only an $11 million cut for 270 State Parks, yet a cut of $27 million is proposed from the OHV division which has only 8 State OHV Parks. This represents less than a 10% cut to State Park operations, but over a 40% reduction to the operating budget of the OHV parks. The OHV Division is a user funded program, taking NO money from the General Fund.

* The State OHV parks encourage families to go camping, and offer urban residents the chance to enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment. The OHV parks enjoyed a 150% increase in attendance over the last 10 years, which State Parks cannot equal.

* The Law says the OHV division of State Parks should have equal priority among the other State Parks. Budget impacts should be equally shared....yet the State OHV Parks have had $112 million dollars taken over the last 3 years. Now the LAO"S Office (you in particular) is recommending to the Budget Committee that they gut the program, favoring less popular State Parks. This is certainly discriminatory, and counter to the law. The OHV community has given more than it's fair share of the OHV Trust Fund. These are dedicated user fees.

* The OHV community has taken legal action for two other attempts of this kind...and the State lost! We sued you and won $21.5 million. We are willing and able to do this again, and the State will lose even more money before all this is over. We will pursue all legal remedies to stop this action, and stop the discrimination against the State OHV Program and affiliated activities.

Please leave the OHV funds alone. The State Parks division should see our program as a model and something to strive for. Dare I say they should reform their program to match ours. We work hard, we play hard, and we will fiercely protect that which we have paid for.

Best regards,

Jacquelyne Bebe Theisen
XXXX XXXXX XXXXX
Auburn, CA 95603
XXX_XXX_XXXX

Founder, Member, Organizer
and PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
Friends of Greenhorn
Friends of the Rubicon
Friends of Eldorado
Friends of Fordyce
Friends of the High Lakes
Cal4WD Association
Blue Ribbon Coalition

aphantomduck

RDC Crypto
The Prospectors Motor Cycle Club, as District 37 AMA club, has just donated $ 1000.00 as a start for the legal fees we will likely incure to sue the state over this taking of our funds.

Congrats to the Prospectors and their courage to be the first to donate.

curt

RDC Crypto
Website
www.hayosmotorsports.com
Hey everyone, send a note to your local news stations. They just about all have investigative teams for potential new stories and they really love flashy ones like "Is the State of California stealing from it's citizens?"

Send them the link to the auto letter above (right click, select copy shortcut, then paste into the contact page of your news company) so they can get some of the facts and recommend they talk to the American Motorcycle Club as they are one of the bigger lobbyists for our areas...

Beebe

RDC Crypto
We still have time - no vote has been taken yet and we have no idea when it will come. It could be anytime this weekend as well.

Please contact your legislators today, and don't forget ms Moore and Mr. Newton.

3 Amigos Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Done.

And to all the folks who do read this and who do write or call on behalf of OHMVR, PLEASE do us a favor and post up!

Many times we put out these alerts and while we know there are many folks who act, it's much easier for us to see the results if you post that you have called or written.

Thanks,
Bebe
letters sent to both reps in my area

TomJeeps

RDC Crypto
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOINT HEARING
SENATE TRANSPORTATION AND HOUSING
AND ASSEMBLY TRANSPORTATION
SENATOR DESAULNIER AND ASSEMBLYMEMBER LOWENTHAL, Chairs
2 p.m. or upon adjournment of session - Room 4202
INFORMATIONAL BRIEFING
SUBJECT: Transportation Funding Overview

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE ON THE BUDGET
BLUMENFIELD, Chair
Upon call of the chair - John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
(TELEVISED)
S.B. NO. 69 COMMITTEE ON BUDGET AND FISCAL
REVIEW. BUDGET ACT OF 2011.

http://192.234.214.75/ASM-4202

http://192.234.214.75/SEN-4203

Is this what we need to be watching, if so everyone connect they'll know we're watching them\m/...TJ