• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rear 2.5 king shocks leaking oil

chevydude7

I noticed that my left shock was dripping oil from the compression adjuster knob. The knob seems like it came loose and I'm not sure it's ok to drive my truck. I stopped the dripping by turning it to the first click so the knob is tight. I think it probably needs more fluid in the shock and does anyone know how to tighten the knob? I can't take it to king because I'm living in Denver right now but I would think 4 wheel parts would know how to fix it. Any help would be great!

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
The only thing 4 wheel parts will do is make it worse. There are a few members of RDC who live in Colorado, hopefully they will see this and help you out.

fasttruck ryan

A SHOCK WITH A RESERVOIR CAN LOOSE QUITE A BIT OF OIL BEFORE YOU WILL DO ANY DAMAGE. i would say you can loose a cup, maybe more and be fine for a while. just when you think you lost a lot of oil, put two or three drops on the concrete floor, come back the next day and look how big the puddle seems to be.

Random Thoughts Racing

If your shock is leaking from a bypass adjuster you should be able to find someone in your area to help you reset the IFP and change out the seals and orings. If it is one of the new shocks with the adjustable clicker on the reservoir (pictured) you will most likely need to send it to King. Call them up.

Attachments

chevydude7

The amount of oil wasn't huge but it was dripping and it accumulated a "little puddle" but I figured that something was wrong. They are remote reservoir shocks. It is one of the new ones like the one in the picture but the problem is that the truck is my daily driver so I can't really send them off :(. I got the leak to stop for now I turned the knob to the first setting so it is tight but I can't change the knob setting on the shock because it will start leaking.

chevydude7

Just checked the shocks after the truck has been sitting for about 30 mins and the ground is bone dry. I was looking at kings website and I noticed this screw in the middle of the knob...Do you think if I tighten that screw it will tighten the knob? Those shocks in the picture aren't the same shocks I have either those are just an example.

Attachments

philofab