Rear bumpers

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Anybody have any pics they can post of rear prerunner bumpers. Need some more ideas.

michael

Reaction
http://www.duffcoenterprises.com/bumper2.htm
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-kelseykoga/coolprerunners_one.html
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-kelseykoga/untitled2.html

And try the Skunkz section here.

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mkparker.com/goose>mkparker.com/goose</A>

cleartoy

Reaction
Mine from rear.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

cleartoy

Reaction
Mine from rear quarter.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

jeff

Reaction
Not to sound like an ass or anything... but you might want to try looking for information on your own before you ask others. If you really can't find anything that's one thing... but you are on the path to becoming someone I'd brand as lazy... and when that happens you'll see fewer and fewer people will be replying to your posts. If you plan on staying around RDC for a while you'll see what I mean. Browsing the readers ridez on RDC alone should provide you with plenty of examples of rear bumpers, or stock steering setups, or swingset setups. Prerunners.net has loads of pictures as so do most of the various off-road / race / prerunner websites around the net.

In a nutshell? Try searching (some work required) first and if you come up empty then ask your question.

Aloha

rdc

Reaction
I do search before I post. Thats why I put "need some MORE ideas". I searched for 14 bolts and I searched for the baja T/A question etc, etc... I ask my question and search some more when people respond. Im sorry my questions arent as advanced as all yours are but hey everyone needs to start somewhere. I also have a fullsize chevy which no one really trys to make a functionable desert truck out of (except for ryno). The more sites I can look at the more chance I have of finding ideas for my truck. Thanks for the pics above everyone and the reply to my other posts.

jeff

Reaction
I'm not saying don't ask questions... and it has nothing to do with the degree of difficulty either. It just seems like some of them could've easily been answered with a quick search or two. Asking for pictures of a stock Ranger or F-150 steering setup is pushing it though... :) There are TONS of those things all over the place - you can't drive and not pass a dozed in each direction. What happens is RDC gets into a rut... the same questions are repeatedly asked on this board (not yours specifically mind you) and after a while it's pretty obvious that posters don't bother to search or didn't use the correct terms in their search. I'm not raining on your parade here amigo - just offering some advice that will ultimately get you a better answer from this audience. Having a full-size Chevy isn't a problem... it's having a fullsize IFS 4x4 Chevy that makes it tough. I think if you ask Ryno he will say I've always been willing to answer his questions - regardless of the topic. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Perhaps what we need is a more specific question... like, "I am looking for custom tubular rear bumpers for the 88-98 fullsize Chevy trucks" --- I'm not psychic and either are most of the others... Dave_G and his 1000 predictions are borderline crystal ball though... and unless the question is complete you won't get a complete answer.

I got an e-mail from someone saying I should apologize to you for the post I made. While it's obvious your skin is thick enough to take it, I'll apologize because the last thing we need is more fighting or drama in the off-road community. The person shall go nameless but he felt that - "In a nutshell: You're arrogant and rude. If you have any class you'll apologize to Chevypwr" --- So Chevypwr, please accept my apology.

Aloha

michael

Reaction
Hey Jeff, I made the almost exact same response to cheypwr in his swingset post....I, like you, was not trying to be rude or a know it all. It just seemed like chevypwr popped onto the scene with lots of questions that I found after just a few key strokes. I enjoy helping anyone I can (which on this site is little due to my lack of knowledge) but I like to help others help themselves also. I don't think you were out of line and whoever whined to you was being a little over-sensitive. This is a fairly common occurence on most forums I visit. New people, old people, sensitve, brash etc. It's an amazing venue we have and we get to interface with folks we normally would never meet or start up a conversation with. Chevypwr...keep on asking and searching it's how we all learn.

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mkparker.com/goose>mkparker.com/goose</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by michael on 11/24/02 09:45 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

gary

Reaction
i probably shouldn't get involved here, but screw it, i'm gonna. i agree with jeff on this one...it seems like there's gotta be about a billion pics on the various off road sites to get ideas from. jeff stated in his first post, "not to sound like an ass..." and i don't think he came off as one at all. in no way rude. i thought the exact same thing jeff did when reading chevypowr's posts.

nothing against you at all, chevypowr, but you're asking for pics of stuff that's everywhere online on desert racing sites. other folks don't need to send them to you, you can get them yourself...

rdc

Reaction
...everything settled now? Thanks for the webpages above I got an idea for a rear bumper my buddy and I are gonna bend and weld one up within the next couple of weeks.

Anybody with any more problems PM me so we dont clutter up the topics with off topic converstaions. thanks

rdc

Reaction
On the cover of the dezert people movie that old body style chevy does anyone know a website that has that truck on it so I could see the front bumper better.