Rear end housing truss material

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I am having a hard time finding someone who can or maybe its will do some sheet metal bending for me. Anyone with an recommendations or email addresses for a contact? I have tried three places. $750 quote, $340 quote and a no quote. If I have to spend $750 to get it done ill buy a new housing, the $340 guy doenst reply back to emails anymore. see attachments .125 4130 material. need one large and two small pieces or large piece can be cut in half

thanks,
Gregg

Attachments

Moss2

Reaction
You cannot make that with standard dies. It is too deep and bends close together so it will hit the press. If someone has the special dies to do that it probably isn't worth the time for setup for a couple parts, hence the high price.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I've been told it's not a single operation that's for sure but how does or do some of these rearend manufactures these days do there truss pieces? I've told everyone I'm in no hurry. I've also been told it can get done by making the back a W and then another operation to flatten that.

Just ranting or looking for recommendations on a shop to contact and get quotes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_F

Reaction
If you can't get what you want, here are three alternate ideas:

Make the channel out of two L shapes
Make the channel like this \_/
Make the channel out of rectangular tubing

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I posted it in the classifieds. Material+ all the labor to use it plus, mount calipers and snouts it's easier to just order a new one from Camburg. That's the new thought atleast.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Ended up getting the material from a vendor. If you need stuff like this contact alpha laser, inc in corona. Berk will make it happen.

MC@ Performance Fab

Reaction
I would have to agree it's going to be hard to beat the price of the guys who are doing this kind of thing on a daily basis, they have all the jigs, have everything machined, laser cut, and bent in volume.
I did a dozen center sections awhile back for ID and it took 3 days each just to weld up a center section. Again that was starting with everything already machined, laser cut, and bent. And that was just center sections. Obviously trophy truck stuff is quite a bit more entailed but the same applies for volume whether is prerunners or high end race rigs, and having a housing that's STRAIGHT after all the welding, well that's a whole nother mater.