rear main cage inside vs outside???

singlehanded

Reaction
So I been looking at a lot of cages lately gettting ready to build mine. what are the pros and cons of havong the rear cab main beam inside vrs. outside behind the cab??

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Lothringer does then outside to save room and recently I saw that Jeff Lewis did the same thing on a fullsize extra cab to also have more room. I would not think there would be any differences with a properly built cage.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
i think that if done properly it would be just as effective in or out, however in my opinion the hoop behind the cab looks kinda bolt-on-ish. but its your preference. do what you think will look best on your truck. make some drawings and maybe it will help you visualize it more.

Tyson

Reaction
I prefer inside the cab for the sole reason that inside my single cab toyota that rear bar is where I attach my 5 point shoulder belts to. Yes it is a tight fit, but it has proved to keep me nice and safe in a roll over.8br />
Where would you attach your shoulder belts if that part of the cage was outside of the cab?

T

singlehanded

Reaction
I got a extended cab ranger and am most likely gonna do it inside but was just curious what the pros and cons of each way was. If built inside there would still be a cage in the back corners but just not connected to the frame and as supported.

CHASE550

Reaction
Does anyone have pis of the rear main cage on the out side they cound post or let me know where to see pic. I have a single cab and i need all the room a can get.

dislocated1

Reaction

Here is a shot of the back of our truck. Thanks to desertrides.com for the pic