• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rear shocks

chevydude7

I currently have bilstein shocks in the rear of my silverado and I was looking at fox shocks for the rear but I wasn't sure if it would make much difference in ride quality. What do you guys think? Would it be worth it to get the fox or should I just keep my money? Any suggestions would be great.

dezertdude

Totally depends on which shocks you are comparing (oem replacement bilstiens vs fox 2.0/2.5 vs 2.5/etc etc) and what type of truck and what you do with it. Generally speaking if your comparing apples to apples (same exact size shock/specs from different manufactures), brand will not make any noticable difference.

dezertdude

The fox 2.0 resivior shocks would be a nice upgrade from those, blistien makes a 2.0 as well. 2.5's are overkill unless you have some custom springs and a decent front end and really use the truck.....

Maybe look into foa shocks.....

az_amsoil

What you'll find is that Fox (and Kings for that matter) will "feel" more forgiving. Bilsteins are a very active shock and tend to "feel" less forgiving. I went from Bilsteins to Fox 3.0's and the ride quality is the same, but my truck doesn't feel as connected to the road now (a good thing for me). HUGE improvement to fade over the Bilsteins. If you do get new shocks AND do any kind of off-roading, I'd go with at least the 2.5" body, also insure that you purchase the same size body for all four corners. Just putting the 2.5's in the rear and keeping your mono's up front isn't going to give you much cause your front end will fade out very fast. My $0.02.

chevydude7

I have camburg coilovers with a uniball uca. I'm glad that you told me that the 2.5 is pretty overkill because I just go to the desert on the weekends and I drive it on the street most of the time so I wouldn't really need those. Do you know how much the 2.0's usually cost?

chevydude7

Thanks for the info. I was looking at karteks website and all of their fox shocks are 20% off so I'm thinking I would order them from there.

chevydude7

Thanks for the tip drake... I looked up foa and it brought me to a few forums and it seemed like everyone was having problems with them but they are a good price.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Thanks for the tip drake... I looked up foa and it brought me to a few forums and it seemed like everyone was having problems with them but they are a good price.
for the record. i havent have an issue.. and their replacement seal kits are cheap anyways...

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
RaceShock does not handle FOA, but does handle the KING, FOX, BILSTEIN, RADFLO, TOKICO, BIGHORN and TOKICO lines among others. Probably not KYB's though. ;) He does have some old Rancho take-a-part's.

murphco

RaceShock does not handle FOA, but does handle the KING, FOX, BILSTEIN, RADFLO, TOKICO, BIGHORN and TOKICO lines among others. Probably not KYB's though. ;) He does have some old Rancho take-a-part's.
are any of the old rough countrys laying around?the ones with the purple rod guides and brushed finish?