Rear suspension help?

Shane Warren

Reaction
I have a 2001 Gmc Sierra 2wd with 5 inches of front lift and nothing in the rear. I have taken it off road with great success however over whoops it get pretty squirrely in the rear end. So I think my first step in my suspension should be a bedcage. I don't mind the front end being rough but I can't stand the rear. What would be my best cheap bedcage setup? I can only afford shocks and I can build the bedcage but I wanna retain the factory leafs. From what I have heard 2.0x16 reservoirs or bypass will work? Please help.

TRichards

Reaction
Find some raptor take off Fox shocks and make some mounts for them. You dont need a full bed cage. Also take your overload spring out of your spring pack, it causes a kick at full compression. Or get a Deaver spring pack. If you save some money, get a set of 2" air bumps and replace the stock rubber snubbers.

Shane Warren

Reaction
Find some raptor take off Fox shocks and make some mounts for them. You dont need a full bed cage. Also take your overload spring out of your spring pack, it causes a kick at full compression. Or get a Deaver spring pack. If you save some money, get a set of 2" air bumps and replace the stock rubber snubbers.
What do you mean by raptor take off shocks?

TRichards

Reaction
people sell their stock ford raptor shocks when they upgrade, They are a 2.5 shock. You can usually get a deal if you look around.