• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rear Travel

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I have a 96 F 150 with coil overs and equal length beams in front and about 20" of travel. Im getting ready to have it caged front to rear and my question is what is the maximum amount of wheel travel possible if I keep my leaf spring set up? I will be running 3" 16" stroke SAWs and SAW bumps along with the nationals.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am not sure what you can actual get out of an F150 but I do know that you can get 18" out back on a ranger with a flipped shackel.. Longer shackels will also give you more travel but will lower ride hieght. Hope this helps some.

Tigger

Tony

Greg

you should be able to get around 17" with a 16" shock depending on the angle the shock is mounted. If your using the stock leaves they will eventually bend/crease in the middle. A friend of mine has good luck running a stock f-150 pack (with the overload removed) and a 16" shock, but they bend regularly. Shackle length is important but not as critical as the angle of the shackle( the shackle should be 90 degees,or less, to the action of the spring at ride height). And i would recomend a race-style pack, but ride in a bunch of trucks first then tell your spring guy exactly what you want.

Greg