Recall Davis

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I like the message that we would be sending our elected officials that if you do a bad job running the state or whatever, we won't tolerate it. Davis has done a horrible job and doesn't deserve to be governor. However, I don't see a decent replacement (Arnold, whats his experience?) and I think given the impending budget crisis and shortage of government funds, I see this recall as perhaps a bigger detriment than its worth. If there was a decent and clear choice canadite I would sign in a second, however until there is, I won't sign it.

One more thing, the whole issue of parity scares me as ANYBODY could be elected and given the current crop of possible canadits, that could be an even worse thing.

durtygirl

Reaction
We decide to do the recall thing, but the guy that would take over is bound to screw something else up and then the people are going to have something new to complain about. It all doesn't make sense to me...

martininsocal

Reaction
Jr, I pretty much agree with your thoughts. I am not a Davis fan at this point(voted for him the first go round, then had the beenfit of seeing him in action after the election), but don't know if the recall will do anything other than waste more money. If it does happen, I will be casting a vote for Riordon.
One thing I do like about all this is it has brightened the light on all the bogus spending that has occurred in the last 6 years and people are finally seeing the folly of wasteful spending. There are things money should be spent on and there are things money could be spent on, the difference is the leader that knows the difference. We don't currently have one of those and it has cost us dearly(an 8 billion dollar surplus). Whatever the outcome of the recall, It is only going to get worse before it gets better...all remedies are like that.

1992f150

Reaction
I dont think so because you have to sign it. Usually there are people outside of supermarkets and things collecting signatures. You also have to be registered to vote or it doesn't count.

jeff

Reaction
One thing to think about if you need some extra money and hate Davis... you can earn up to a buck per signature. There is an article in the LA Times today (Monday the 7th of July 2003) that has a pretty interesting take on the recall effort. There are professional guys and gals that go from state to state working these petitions and it's pretty good $$$.

My take? Don't fire Davis... fire all the worthless, lazy, and incompetent state employees and go from there. I've dealt with quite a few and wouldn't feel bad at all if they got fired. If you aren't making as much as you spend you have to learn to spend less.

Arnold as Governor would be worth the reported 30 to 40 million bucks it'd cost to recall Davis - and at this rate what is 30 to 40 million when your this deep in the hole?

Aloha