Recommeding the new FireFox

M

memin.pinguine

Just sharing - I total can recommend the new Firefox Browser. I work the net a lot and therefore also use browser - IE (internet explorer) is for me a big, no: huge no-no, even the new one so I'm always jumping around between Firefox, Opera and Safari for Windows as well Konquer on my Linux stuff.

The new Firefox 3.5 is absolut the best i can state after only a few hours usage. Defiantly waaay faster as the 3.0 and in loading times of websites I use as benchmark for usability testing 75% to 200% faster.

If you use Firefox already now and concerned about plugins: I use the Nightly Tester Tools and forced install of all plugins it said not compatible and works all fine.

Link to Computer World Report

Last edited by a moderator:

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
FF used to be my favorite but since safari4 I switched over. FF has nice developer tools though that I still use.

Double_Down

Reaction
FF 2.x used to be my favorite, but they blew it with 3.0. I just do browsing and no development so I switched to Chrome and haven't looked back.

M_Solms

Reaction
Im getting more and more browser crashes with FF now.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
I still like IE. 8.0 is a vast improvement over 7.0.

I use both FF and IE. Some of the work sites don't work in FF. I'm always testing in both, since I'm a developer. Getting annoying now testing in Chrome as well. Generally it works all the time though.

B Hansen

Reaction
I'm a big fan of Chrome, FF seems 100X slower when I switch back to it sometimes!

- Brian

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Chrome is what I use. The new Safari is a lot like Chrome so thats my 2nd choice.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
Blah, Don't like Safari. It is not secure on Mac or PC.

Chrome is currently the top dog. Fastest and Most Secure. Now if only it had add-ons...

IE and Firefox are sixes in my opinion.