Recommendations for Tow from sj to concord ca

Fifty

Reaction
I sold my trailer 2 years ago and I’m regretting it now.

I am going to buy a Subaru tomorrow that’s been sitting for 2 years (owner is deployed In Korea)
I need to have it towed to my house so I can go through the engine flushes etc etc. Not to mention I can’t drive two vehicles back from SJ at the same time if I did take it to a quick lube etc.

anyways, the rental places around here only have dollies and the car is awd.

can anyone recommend a flat bed tow company for a sj to concord tow?

Fifty

Reaction
I don’t. I used to have aaa premier and every time I tried to use it for a flat, or a battery or a tow (I had one of each event over 2 years) they were unable to assist.

They wouldn’t even help with dmv docs at their concord office. Everything was a “we don’t do that in this office, you have to go across the street”...
They were unable to to assist. I guess the Bay Area was just too busy...
So I cancelled their service

Steve92307

Reaction
If you have a jack and some tools just disconnect the rear drive line and tie it up out of the way. I have done that in the past to auto cars.

Zambo

Reaction
Lots of freelance tow truck operators. Look on craigslist under services. Or just use some of that lovely BART goodness to get down there and drive it back after a stop for fluids.

43mod

Reaction
Stop being cheap and just hire a tow truck . They are all over the place.

Fifty

Reaction
Car was a piece of... yea. Turned it down.

but to respond to above, the local rental spots only had dollies. The uhauls down in sj had one of the craptastic car trailers.

found a tow guy willing to do it as long as it wasn’t during contract time (for Chp)

but alas... the car was not meant to be...