Redline LS1

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I purchased a prerunner with a Redline LS1. What spare parts/sensors do you guys recommend to carry?

Baja Fool

Reaction
From my experience, coil packs. Can't seem to have enough.....some of the usual stuff though, belts, alternator, tensioner and a fuel pump/filter if you can swing it. I'm sure there's more.....

Slippery P

Reaction
I purchased a prerunner with a Redline LS1. What spare parts/sensors do you guys recommend to carry?
The LS1 coil packs are not very good, definitely carry those, as well as cam and crank sensors, TP sensor. Set of plug wires and a set of plugs. Maybe throw a serp belt tensioner in there as well, never know when they will come apart.
I'm known to carry more than I need though;) usually works out well for everyone else.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
The LS1 coil packs are not very good, definitely carry those, as well as cam and crank sensors, TP sensor. Set of plug wires and a set of plugs. Maybe throw a serp belt tensioner in there as well, never know when they will come apart.
I'm known to carry more than I need though;) usually works out well for everyone else.

Thanks, maybe I'll just start hanging out with you. HAHA save me some money. Do you buy the LS parts from Carquest or normal auto parts store? I am assuming LS1 parts are pretty standard stuff. Especially when stock.

Slippery P

Reaction
Thanks, maybe I'll just start hanging out with you. HAHA save me some money. Do you buy the LS parts from Carquest or normal auto parts store? I am assuming LS1 parts are pretty standard stuff. Especially when stock.
Haha, yes I'm usually the go to recovery guy. We actually run the new LT1 coils on everything, they are the shizz. But not a direct replacement due to coil charge/saturation times being different. I would buy LS1 coils from GM if it were me, never had good luck with aftermarket coils.

SJ073

Reaction
I just swapped out my Redline LS2 for a Redline LS3. I know it's a slightly different platform but thought I would share my experiences as this was a rock solid motor that still runs after 13 years of being in a race car\prerunner. My LS2 has over 10 races on it to include a Baja 1000, a few 500s, 250, Mint, Parker and a few other short races.
This engine was rock solid and I never had any problems out of it. I did have to replace pulley bearings after a few races, belts, and proactively replaced tensioner. Had alternators fail but was lucky with coil packs, wires, plugs, and every other major part on it.