Regarding 1600s

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
I was just wondering what's going on with the 1600 class. It seems like the numbers just fell off the table recently. The upcoming M.O.R.E. nightrace is a pro 1600 event and there are only 12 entries so far. Most of you guys know my standpoint on M.O.R.E,
it is a great organization. But this is not a recruitment for the race, I am just wondering what the reason behind the low turnout is. Do you remember several years ago in Parker? There were a rediculous amount of 1600s there. Is pro 1600 falling through? Is it the economy? I certainly understand how hard it is to maintain in this increasingly expensive sport. Or is it that a lot of guys don't like California or that it isn't worth the money to run the smaller organization's events. Again, I'm just curious, give me your feedback if you have a second. In any case, this is from the M.O.R.E. website:

"This Is a Pro 1600 Event
Entry Fee For this Class is $450.00
$250.00 per Car payback
$1500.00 from More with 10 cars
$1500.00 from WR Trans with 20 cars
$1500.00 from Kar Tek with 30 cars

Example 30 car in class 1600 will have a total of $12,000.00 payback
MORE Cars MORE Money"

Should be a blast, hope to see you all out in Barstow on the 18th.
With respect,

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Its happening in more than just 16, a lot of classes are down. I think everyone is either low on funds or just cutting back for now until we know how bad Obama is going to screw us up.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Wow C J you hit the nail on the head. Everyone that voted for change thought that the stimulous package was going to help low and middle class get jobs.TRILLIONS of dollars and have you seen any of it. No construction going 10% unemployment AND THE CONGRESSMEN in Washington getting each other filthy rich. Car counts are down because you or me could be the next one out of work.

Vegas Jeff

Reaction
ECONOMY, after selling my 1600 had the money to build or buy a new 12 car,after house construction starts kept falling off there was no way i was going to spend my money on a race car.I could easily afford to go 9 car or another class with my own money no sponsors but with a young kid at home and sorry to say it ,things seem to be getting worse im keeping my money in savings for awhile.At the beginning of this year i thought the numbers of entries at all races were crazy,i think you will see the numbers go down at every series as the year goes on,sorry to say it just my guess and im trying to think positive.

harleys dad

Reaction
That is the reason both my 1600 cars are sitting ready to race, I have been racing my class 11 with my kids for pennies compaired to what 1600 cost. Just raced against 50 class 11 cars in mexico a little over a week ago. I will return to 1600 at the Code ORW tecate Jacume race with one of my 1600 cars, the other is sitting ready for Battle at Primm next year. Just cant afford to race all I want to anymore

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
i am right in there with the ECONOMY side... on june 24th i havent been able to race in 3 years ... and its killing me... im having terrible withdrawals, wakin up in the middle of the nite with cold sweats, gettin bad grades n school!!! I hate this stuff... but i am gettin my car put 2gether and am going 2 do 2 races b4 the end of the year and race a full season n more and DRIVE... also a bunch of snore races!!! should have another car built by july of next year so i will b racin 2 cars for the next couple of years

the ECONOMY is hurtin but my withdrawals hurt more... gotta b back racin again!!!

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
Yeah, I figured it was the FIST we're getting from stimulus that doesn't work and Sierra Club hippies. Maybe I just didn't want to admit the times were having such an effect on our sport. My team holds together because we have 4 drivers each pulling some weight (although my dad does most of it by far). It makes it a little easier to maintain but splitting driving time sucks too. Even so, this is looking like our last year for a while. It sucks balls that the tree huggin weiner jockies are gonna end up with a big W this year. Smug bastards. Anyways, thanks for the honesty and for what its worth I hope we make a massive comeback and shove it way down the "yes we can generation's" throats. ESPN time and beer ads, that'll shut em up.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Yeah, I figured it was the FIST we're getting from stimulus that doesn't work and Sierra Club hippies. Maybe I just didn't want to admit the times were having such an effect on our sport. My team holds together because we have 4 drivers each pulling some weight (although my dad does most of it by far). It makes it a little easier to maintain but splitting driving time sucks too. Even so, this is looking like our last year for a while. It sucks balls that the tree huggin weiner jockies are gonna end up with a big W this year. Smug bastards. Anyways, thanks for the honesty and for what its worth I hope we make a massive comeback and shove it way down the "yes we can generation's" throats. ESPN time and beer ads, that'll shut em up.

that sux that u guys wont be racing next year!!! but with u guys not racing i will b able to get my # for the MORE series #1622!!! :D been my # n MDR since 2001 but i dont race MDR n e more so u guys have had the # n MORE...

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
that sux that u guys wont be racing next year!!! but with u guys not racing i will b able to get my # for the MORE series #1622!!! :D been my # n MDR since 2001 but i dont race MDR n e more so u guys have had the # n MORE...

Oh you must not have heard, Jim is retiring that number until we come back. No, but seriously though you will have to battle with several others, it's a popular number. And, there is still a chance we'll race with MORE. Who knows, if not, take care of her and keep her on the podium.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Oh you must not have heard, Jim is retiring that number until we come back. No, but seriously though you will have to battle with several others, it's a popular number. And, there is still a chance we'll race with MORE. Who knows, if not, take care of her and keep her on the podium.

yeah thats the # i got my first win with and my first championship... so its a bit sacred...