Registering Vehicle

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
What steps are needed to register a vehicle that used to be registered in California but is now AZ? Is it a pain? I would be registering it back in Cali.

Andy Jones

Reaction
Pretty sure all they ask for is a dmv inspection and smog. Thats what i had to do for my wife's car.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
title in hand. walk to dmv. easy as pie

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I believe your going to need a smog cert too so depending on what kind of car/truck it is might be a bit of a pain.....

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Juanito -

You know my wife Carol has been in the auto industry for over 20 years. She says it could get tricky -

• Do you have the title? SUPER IMPORTANT!!!
• Where is the car titled AND registered now?
• IF there is no title, make sure the title is "clean" (ie: no lienholder showing on registration), as you will need to apply for a duplicate title.
• How long had it been in AZ?
• Did you purchase it?
• CA DMV will want a Bill Of Sale.
• CA DMV will charge a "Used Tax" (8.75% Sales Tax in your area) on the full purchase price that is stated on the Bill Of Sale.
• Possible Smog Required.
• May need to be verified.

If you have a title (especially a CA title in hand) the process will be much easier.

Those are some of her thoughts.

Feel free to call if you have any other questions and she'll be glad to give any info she can.

Good luck!

michael_loomis

Reaction
JB.. its a cake walk... but you will need a smog and to pay sales tax on the vehicles purchase price.

Call me if you need a hand.