Relaunched Dusty Times now available for purchase

spalind

not exactly the "newsletter" style of the prior version but look like great photos and stories...certainly deserves support in my mind...

Dusty Times

J Prich

Will be interesting to see how it goes. Not trying to trash it, but it seems like it's really only Dusty Times in name alone. Nothing of what that looks like is what the essence of what the original was all about.

spalind

meant to say that it is "now" available...it may be very different but we need high quality stuff like this.

$35 an issue?????????

This is no relaunch, not even in the same category.

I'd rather have Kramer's coffee table book on coffee tables.

spalind

Yeah, the news print stuff was so low brow...
I hear the sarcasm...it was great and would it be great if someone could redo the grassroots nature of the original and make a go of it...but I don't think that is feasible in this day...so we support what we can, and be glad that this isn't 100 pages of how to do a coil spacer lift or a pay to play tire "review" section

J Prich

I hear the sarcasm...it was great and would it be great if someone could redo the grassroots nature of the original and make a go of it...but I don't think that is feasible in this day...so we support what we can, and be glad that this isn't 100 pages of how to do a coil spacer lift or a pay to play tire "review" section
I'm not knocking it. Some people have money they like to spend on stuff. I can tell it's not going to be for me, but I don't hate on capitalism. My only point was that I expected the relaunch to look a bit more like the original than this does, that's all.

spalind

I'm not knocking it. Some people have money they like to spend on stuff. I can tell it's not going to be for me, but I don't hate on capitalism. My only point was that I expected the relaunch to look a bit more like the original than this does, that's all.
Very good and point taken!! Carry on!!

ACME

It's not really Dusty Times without John, Jean and Judy... With that said, I want that page of Sal as a poster for the garage

spalind

Thanks to whoever edited my thread title from "not" to "now"!! Much appreciated!

Rory

Crayola Killer
I don’t think they were trying to relaunch “Dusty Times”, but they are trying to do a high end magazine for the desert crowd that is on the same level as Racer Magazine. Before everyone starts blasting away, maybe wait till the issue comes out and take a look through it. I like the idea of it, will be interesting to see where it goes.

J Prich

Must be this booming Trump economy passing me by. I struggle to afford a $35 magazine, lol. I'm sure it's great. I didn't' realize there was even such a thing as a "high end" magazine.

ksmith

Must be this booming Trump economy passing me by. I struggle to afford a $35 magazine, lol. I'm sure it's great. I didn't' realize there was even such a thing as a "high end" magazine.
I take it You haven’t heard of Rodders Journal.
4 issues per year for $100.00 buts it’s
Definitely a “high end magazine” and many people gladly pay it for their content as I have over the years.

I look forward to seeing what they come up with for the future dusty times.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

spalind

I think people need to adjust their mindset on this...its not a floppy magazine that you pick up at the local B&N or newsstand in the airport on passing through...its like the difference between your beater jeep hooning it up at your local mud pit and one of Rory's restored masterpieces...there are markets for both. You don't go to 4WheelParts to build your trophytruck or class 1 and you don't go to "jeeper magazine" or the latterday version of DirtSports for great photography or in-depth stories about the culture of Baja and its personalities...If you want quality content it doesn't come for free.

43mod

Dusty times was like a bacon wrapped street dog. you can spend 50 times the cost and not get 2 x the taste.