• Forum membership has its advantages....

reliable 2 bl carb

43mod

I have 2 trucks in mexico both 1980 bronco and f 150 w 300 six and 4speed. Both carbs suck .
For a no smog swap what would you guys use for this ? mild off roading only. Holley 500 is easy but center hung floats suck .

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
What about a conversion to GM TBI, the 'lectric Rochester?

43mod

trying to be simple and cheap. I can fab any adapter if needed. Just want to get away from 80s crap carb.

Moss2

Side hung 4bbl primary holley bowl bolts right on. Tap and plug the transfer tube outlet. Marine 2bbl bowls are side hung but non adjustable. Run float level a little lower and vent mods with spring loaded needle.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Motorcraft 2V ford put them on damn near everything for 40 years indestructible carb, just like any carb these days keep the alcohol infested gas away from it.

DeRaRa

I second the Motorcraft 2150 2v best stock carb I have ever used, and they are cheap under $150

partybarge_pilot

I have run a Holley 500 with a spring loaded needle and seat off road. Worked well, no issues with flooding or bogging in the rough.

Other option is the Offenhouser manifold and a 4 barrel.

PDANK Racing

I second a holley 4412 500cfm with the part # 6-513 needle and seat, we also use a piece of brake line to extend the fuel bowl overflow so it doesn't splash into the carb on big bumps. Lots of info out there for tuning/mods and they work well offroad. Should be right around the correct size for your motor, better lower rpm response than a 4 barrel. You can find used ones from the circle track guys pretty cheap.