relocation of A/C condensor

mattrick8888

Reaction
has anyone ever relocated thier A/C condensor? i want to do this on my a arm ranger but i dont know what needs to be done to make it possible, or if running longer lines will affect the eficency of the system. can the condensor be run sideways? the reason i want to do this is room for shock or air bump clearance.

mattrick8888

Reaction
i was told it was the condensor, but am not 100% sure. i will give you some pics. it is the round black one that the shock hoop is bent to clear on the top left (not my truck)

here you can see the lines attached to it that would need to be lengthened to relocate it.

ntsqd

Reaction
That would be the dryer. Condensor is in front of the radiator, Evaporator is in the HVAC box near the heater core. Within reason length of the plumbing there makes no difference. Downstream of the TXV would be the only zone that is critical. So don't move the odd valve looking thingy with a capillary tube coming out of it.

tedmales

Reaction
if you really want to get that stuff out of the way, pull it out and put in an under dash unit. you could use the original compressor and condensor, but remove the stuff from the dash and put an aftermarket unit in. they work way way better, not a pretty, but if you were going to build a custom dash, it would be no problem, and you could mount all the a/c stuff where it would be the best for you.