Remote transmission filter ??

motoxscott

Reaction
I'll be installing a Setrab 920 fanpack transmission cooler when I get my C6. Are any of you teams running a remote filter preceeding the filter ?? Do the remote filters drop the flow rate too much ?

Any info would be great.

-Scott

billymanfroy

Reaction
Can't tell you any concrete numbers, but we've had great luck running a remote oil filter-type set up between our C4 and the coolers. It was cheap and easy and it's great insurance in case you puke a transmission or TC, etc. That way you won't run any trash through your coolers and have to replace them. (I hear flushing them just isn't always enough to get the junk out)

Good luck.

Billy

hoeker

Reaction
i've been running them for most of the last 3 years of racing with great sucess. i took it out for a little while because my trans got so hot i wanted to see if it made a difference. it didn't so i put it back on. it is great protection for your cooler, just make sure you keep up with the filter changes. i use a ford style engine oil filter and change it every race weekend, but i have friends that do it every 10-15k on the street.

for those who say it causes to much preasure drop, here's my theory, and no i never tested it. on your engine you run 5/8" minimum oil line to your filter, on your trans you only run 3/8, this is because the trans needs less than half the flow of the engine, but your using the same filter, so why would it cause a problem?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

BajaDale

Reaction
Sorry to drag up an old thread but didn't find much on the search button? Is anyone still using remote engine oil filters on their trans? If so does anyone have pics?

CraigMT

Reaction
I run one of the System 1 Filters on my C6, it uses a stainless steel mesh cartridge that is owner serviceable. Easy to spin off and clean after each hard use.

My Trans builder said the the inside of my C6 was the cleanest he had ever seen.... and no garbage in the cooler if it fraggs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SOF-209-512561/

I had used a PH8A before but this out flows the old paper element ones by a lot.

Attachments

• System 1 Filter.jpg
    System 1 Filter.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 145

BajaDale

Reaction
I run one of the System 1 Filters on my C6, it uses a stainless steel mesh cartridge that is owner serviceable. Easy to spin off and clean after each hard use.

My Trans builder said the the inside of my C6 was the cleanest he had ever seen.... and no garbage in the cooler if it fraggs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SOF-209-512561/

I had used a PH8A before but this out flows the old paper element ones by a lot.

That's a great looking filter! Just getting ready to buy some CBR coolers and want to figure out some remote filters before I do. Living in Canada it's not a matter of running down to Kartek or ORW to buy replacement filters or cartridges. So using a regular filter setup makes more sense to me?

CraigMT

Reaction
Same problem in Billings MT... we have great support/supplies for circle track stuff but all of the quality offroad parts are mail order...

I ran one of these filters on my stroker BBF engine and it scared me every time I changed the oil, lots of tiny metal particles.. especially right after a rebuild/refresh. It picked up ALL of the little contaminants that run around in an engine or trans.

Any chance folks up your way would be interested in racing with us down here in Montana? We have a high plains desert series that has expanded to 3 decent events.

We have everything show up from entry level stockers to Class 8's- Class 1's Class 7/1450, a few ProTrucks, UTV's... Just a lot of fun and good folks. Most of us couldn't make all of the big races down south so this knd of scratches the itch LOL!

The new website with details and contact info is: www.yorracing.com - Yellowstone Offroad Racing

BajaDale

Reaction
There is a couple guys (including myself) who want to come run some races down your way. We have a ProTruck and a couple of class 8's. Just gotta get mine done now!

philofab