Reno Air Races

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
It's the same weekend as Primm,but wondering if anybody is going? Hopefully I can con my uncle into a flight-The P-51 Check out air race

Attachments

deleted

----
Reaction
riding in a P-51 would be like riding in a trophy truck, but watching air races is like watching paint dry........

PatrickG

Reaction
I have been in a P-51, it took weeks to get the smile off my face. My mom works for a P-51 parts shop and a rebuild shop and I got to ride in the shops plane.

Patrick

Attachments

drtdevil93

Reaction
ditto on selling soul for a ride... i remember hearing their top speed got up to 550 mph. unbelievable for a prop plane.

erik

jeff

Reaction
I stopped going to air shows after seeing crashes at the El Toro shows. Growing up in Orange County I saw too many crashes as a kid and have no desire to go see any more of them. I remember seeing a crash in 1988 and another in 1992 or 1993. I also remember going to see the wreckage of the AirCal crash at John Wayne as a little kid. No bueno.

Aloha

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Thats the reason planes aren't allowed to fly over the crowd during shows,they have to keep like a thousand feet away-of course a plane out of control can go anywhere.There is a lot of stuff going on at an air show-I've helped my Dad who does the tech inspections at reno every year and also has been Airboss at the Ramona arishow

Josh_K

Reaction
What class does your your dad teck? I race the bi-plane class in 97 & 98. J.C. Brant was the teck guy for the bi-planes then.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
My Dad tech's the unlimited racers with one other guy (rich stallman) New unofficial race record of 512 mph and an average speed of 507 set by The Dago Red P-51.

The plane that crashed in Mountain Home had already performed thur,fri,sat in Reno and was doing his 4th show.