Rent a Race car for the 2018 Mint 400!

Desert Son

Reaction
Matt, ----IMO---- This looks bad....... For you to promote Zero 1 . There are guys that will NOT race the Mint 400 because of limited space. Zero 1 has how many spots reserved? I get it, it's money..... You certainly aren't promoting Baja racing adventures...... Your words from 2 threads above this one. "I never want to lose the spirit of off-road which comes from the regular guy who can build a vehicle and go race the same course as the big teams." But there are those that will not race....... Maybe they need to call Zero 1.......Nothing against Zero1 or You, but this was my take on the situation. Thanks for all your (and teams) hard work on putting on the biggest spectacle in Off Road Racing! See you in Vegas.

vegasloki

Reaction
Welcome to capitalism. You pay the money, you sponsor and you get the spoils. It's the Golden Rule. The one with the gold makes the rules...

This is not specifically directed to the OP in this thread but the irony is thick here at RDC particularly when it comes to the Mint. For a community that regularly talks about personal responsibility, how the free market is best, people need to fend for themselves, blah, blah blah it rings hollow to complain about that exact thing happening. Someone had more money and connections to sponsor an event and leveraged that. Don't like it? Get someone with the funds to compete for that slot. Remember it's capitalism.

Guy for whatever reason in the other thread doesn't get his entry in on time. Bummer. Make plans next year to get it in the first day. If you didn't have the funds and wanted to run the Mint perhaps you could have skipped Parker. Again, personal responsibility to get your entry together. Plus you can aways vote with your wallet and not run. Rather than holding spots for BITD series regulars I think a better approach would be to not offer BITD points at the Mint. The Mint isn't BITD's race. It's Mad's and while it's nice they give series points the demand for the race indicates it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Guy that didn't get his entry in then gives a War and Peace version of getting knocked out of last year, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm sorry, it sucks but that's how it is sometimes. There is a term for that. We call it "racing". Stuff happens. Plenty of people in every form of motorsport get knocked out not only by noobs but also from experienced racers who happen to turn their brains off when the helmet goes on.

Plus you can aways vote with your wallet and not run if it troubles you too much. But that will take exercising some personal responsibility.

Tipracer

Reaction
cwarren,vegasloki is not specifically bashing you. Wanna good laugh take a look at the Norra “registered” utv entries. More painful in your instance for sure. It’s almost as if baja challenge got remastered.

Tipracer

Reaction
Curious as to why cwarren’s post was deleted or removed... pretty ffffed if he didn’t remove it himself.

cwarren

Reaction
I did remove it. I quickly found the error in my ways of beginning to argue with a keyboard warrior. I do stand by my points in the other forum though. Just like every other BITD series racer that sent in their entry form just after being mailed it and are now sitting on the waiting list. I have faith in BITD and Mad Media to get this figured out and give the guys that consistently show up a chance to race.

Tipracer

Reaction
I did remove it. I quickly found the error in my ways of beginning to argue with a keyboard warrior. I do stand by my points in the other forum though. Just like every other BITD series racer that sent in their entry form just after being mailed it and are now sitting on the waiting list. I have faith in BITD and Mad Media to get this figured out and give the guys that consistently show up a chance to race.
Fair enough. I get it, but don’t be worried about your opinion, it makes a difference.. if I was in a points situation I would be pisssed if I could not race due to a “pending” registration.

vegasloki

Reaction
I'm confident that my racing experience in 4 vehicle types over the last 20 years or so is enough to support what I post. Your tear jerker of a post where the backmarker punted you has nothing to do with not getting into the Mint. It's racing. Put your big boy fire suit on and deal with it. You should have overnighted or driven your entry to BITD if it was so important to your season. Not awarding series points solves your problem too. This is a Mad Media race where BITD manages the race ops and awards points. If something is going to happen it's because Mad wants it to happen.

cwarren

Reaction
I am so in awe of your experience, except that I have absolutely no idea who you are. I didn't get punted by anyone, the guy turned his car into mine while passing but thank you. It had everything to do with the point I made. Also I did overnight my entry and it made no difference. Did you get yours in on time? And for what class?

Reaction
IIRC, the original Del Webb's MINT 400, was not a WRA or HDRA race, though produced and directed by Walt Lott.

UTVinc

Reaction
I sure hope im one of the three only Trick Trucks that got entered on time !!

Honda48X

Reaction
I am so in awe of your experience, except that I have absolutely no idea who you are. I didn't get punted by anyone, the guy turned his car into mine while passing but thank you. It had everything to do with the point I made. Also I did overnight my entry and it made no difference. Did you get yours in on time? And for what class?
Vegasloki has never raced so don’t waste your time with a keyboard junkie. You should be in the race.

Reaction
Racing is time oriented. Order of entry fees received should be the rule.

If it's a points race, it is incumbent upon those chasing a championship to get their entries in early.

OTOH, you start a lottery, wherein a sportsman entry has just as much chance at winning a starting spot as any TT pilot.

Sportsman lottery winners would have the right to auction off that starting position.

43mod

Reaction
Top 20 in points get 1 week notice ahead of all else. get it in or take your chances. This is so simple to do and track .
Right now If I had an entry and opted out you guys reassign the entry. Keep it that way to eliminate entry manipulation,auction etc .
Race the crap out of ZERO 1 cars as long as they followed the rules like all others.

43mod

Reaction
that is top 20 in each class. top ten if you like , top 10 % etc etc

EOR1488

Reaction
Although it sucks what happened the originally pist was kinda interesting to see your perspective on “sportsman” I would argue there is a lot of slow inexperienced back markers in class 10, 6100, UTV tons of them. Obviously we know you are fast but there are plenty of fast and experienced “sportsman” racers that race other series etc that want to do the Mint because it’s the Mint. I do understand if you are running for points wanting to have an entry I support that. Just can’t get behind an attitude where you think you have more talent than someone just because they run a certain class. There is great talent in all the classes and not so great. We all have to deal with interesting challenges while we race. That’s why it’s racing. Would it be as fun if you went out on the course all alone and raced? People make mistakes and know one is perfect but thank god for this awesome sport that lets different people and different vehicles and talents go out and ty there best against the Desert and other competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

cwarren

Reaction
Although it sucks what happened the originally pist was kinda interesting to see your perspective on “sportsman” I would argue there is a lot of slow inexperienced back markers in class 10, 6100, UTV tons of them. Obviously we know you are fast but there are plenty of fast and experienced “sportsman” racers that race other series etc that want to do the Mint because it’s the Mint. I do understand if you are running for points wanting to have an entry I support that. Just can’t get behind an attitude where you think you have more talent than someone just because they run a certain class. There is great talent in all the classes and not so great. We all have to deal with interesting challenges while we race. That’s why it’s racing. Would it be as fun if you went out on the course all alone and raced? People make mistakes and know one is perfect but thank god for this awesome sport that lets different people and different vehicles and talents go out and ty there best against the Desert and other competitors.

I’m not bagging on the sportsmen class whatsoever. But you also need to see that in BITD it’s a non points paying open class for drivers who haven’t ever been in any professional BITD class. By definition it is an entry level beginner class. If people racing it are fast and have experience then why not run in a regular class? What’s the point of sandbagging against true beginners if they are really that experienced? Obviously people weren’t happy about my original post but I really don’t care. I just want to race the god damn Mint 400 it’s the best race , the best course, really just the best of everything. I hope they work out a way that everyone gets to race but it is a double bummer for those that race the bitd series when they might miss out on the best event and ruin their season at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app