rental car police

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
I've got a novel idea. Why not just drive the car like a responsible human being and not worry about shiat like this? If you abused the car pay the price for doing so. It's not yours.
I dont wanna live in a world where we cant beat the crap out of rental cars...

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
RDC Crypto
Website
www.raceoffroad.ca
They always have my credit card #s and I worry they will bill whatever they want ?? It keeps me honest whenever I have a rental.What we need is thrashing insurance, pay a flat rate and you get to kill the car.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
It wasn't a rental. It was a loaner, and all the eggs and stickers got cleaned off.

It wasn't a "loaner"... it was a rental. From Enterprise.

And yes... I had to pop the bumper covers back on (front and rear) and No, not all the egg got washed off. I did peel all the stickers off though.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
It wasn't a "loaner"... it was a rental. From Enterprise.

And yes... I had to pop the bumper covers back on (front and rear) and No, not all the egg got washed off. I did peel all the stickers off though.
The official statement to any and all car rental companies (past present and future) from TEAM UNDERGROUND reads as follows....

dear whoever...

Sorry for partyin'

Sincerely,

THE UNDERGROUND

GAME OVER?

Almost There
RDC Crypto
The official statement to any and all car rental companies (past present and future) from TEAM UNDERGROUND reads as follows....

dear whoever...

Sorry for partyin'

Sincerely,

THE UNDERGROUND

So after hearing, saying and living that statement, I now ask why would you every be sorry for partien? do you regret your good time? I doubt it. Dont every be sorry for partien.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
RDC Crypto
So after hearing, saying and living that statement, I now ask why would you every be sorry for partien? do you regret your good time? I doubt it. Dont every be sorry for partien.

never regret the good time regret the action/s taken during that good time you have no clue happened until it ends up on the internet or burned into your memory via the memory of others.

TMorford

RDC Crypto
im tripping the guys at rental car rally found this thread befor I did... they tweeted this thing today...

I figured you or Fish sent it to them, pretty awesome haha.

you have no clue happened until it ends up on the internet or burned into your memory via the memory of others.

Hahahahaha

crazyeye

RDC Crypto
i did a little searching today about this and heres what i found...i think the guy who said this worked for a rental car companybut i dunno for sure......dont take it as gospel...

there are a couple of issues
1. The definition of "abuse" has to be stated in the rental contract, if it is not stated you can fight it all day long.
Unplugging these devices will show up on the unit when it is plugged back in, so I am going to bet there is some sort of fine for unplugging it.
Now how to disable for good, and it depends on the pins in the device and what they are reading but you can take a power source wire and a ground wire, tap various wires and it will overcook the reader.
The problem with doing that is it is not fool proof. These originally came out so fleet companys could track their drivers and vehicles. While sometimes the jump will work, sometimes it will not. And this was 3 years ago and fleets were demanding a safe guard. The downside is if you inplug it and try to cook it and it does not work, it may show that it was unplugged. Some car companies and even specific models havbe constant power to the OBDII.
Now what can actually been seen in their reading and what can't? It depends on the car and what the vehicles ECU pushes out. Almost all performance cars read EVERYTHING!

The fight is this, threaten that you are going to court about it and that there is no proff taking a car to the rev limitier is abuse. To determine abuse and wear on the car truely requires an engine tear down. PERIOD!
Couldn't you just use a really strong magnet and just tape it on to the logger?

fathead

RDC Crypto
Website
www.concreteinspectors.com
I've got a novel idea. Why not just drive the car like a responsible human being and not worry about shiat like this? If you abused the car pay the price for doing so. It's not yours.

Dave,

This is no time for rational thought and responsible thinking. Please take your mature viewpoints elsewhere..
(Just kidding)

Mumzy

RDC Crypto
Orange, CA now in Dutchess County New York
Pull the thing out. take it over to any household outlet and jump 110 volts through it. I will guarantee you that ANY data that might have been in there will be history.

And just for good measure, drop it in a cup of soda afterwards.

hyprhare

RDC Crypto
So much for the ole Rent a Racer concept. I mean why spend the money building a Drag car or Road Race car when you can rent one slap some vinyl numbers on it and have ripping good weekend!
Bob

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
I suppose you are talking to me? We have been going the rounds and not getting anywhere the latest push on their part is friggen court and i really don't want to fly to vegas to defend my honor. Here is the big problem they never disclosed the fact the car not only had a OBDII logger it also had a GPS tracking device so they have a hell of a lot more information than i knew about. as of now they want to charge me $6.00 per mile to go away AND JUST WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT IN THE CONTRACT? so we are still playing the game. So folks when i need to tell the judge "everybody" drives rental cars like they stole them who wants to come to vegas to help a guy out.

560bajamike

RDC Crypto
We got a used rental car from a FORD lot. We found out AFTER she got it home and was going thru the book/paperwork in the glove box. Now paying the price AFTER it has been paid for... Not bad really, they repainted plastic bumpers now paint is peeling and chipping off.
Wish there was a way I could help a fellow desert racer out.

Mike

shrek

RDC Crypto
One of my favorite rental sayings..........being that I am in the rental business........."Dont be gentle, its a Rental!"

Or you never hear........"Be careful Bill, its a rental.."

Shrek