Repairing a 7100 seriers Bilstein

jps1145

Reaction
Repairing a 7100 series Bilstein

I beat up my wiper caps on my rear shocks over the weekend at the Sweetwater 200. My little bumps stops were destroyed early and I guess the shock was my new stop. By the end of the race, they were ringing like little bells bouncing off the lower mounts... Does the shock need to be disassembled to replace them, or will the heim end come off the shaft? Also, where can I order the new caps and seals? Thanks in advance! :eek:

tcm glx

Reaction
Hit up Random Thoughts Racing on here.... he works at Bilstein and is 100% class act, he will get you taken care of. His name is Joel by the way.

jps1145

Reaction
Hit up Random Thoughts Racing on here.... he works at Bilstein and is 100% class act, he will get you taken care of. His name is Joel by the way.
Thanks! I sent him a PM.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
There is a cap I reccomend for those racing on 7100's that swedges over the outside of the tube, this is much better for taking a jounce hit. Shoot me an email and I will get you fixed up. joel.ward@bilsteinus.com

bajaherbie

Reaction
i was getting used to the sound....

john, i'm ready for the next race.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
The swedge over jounce cap part number is b4-sb2-z003a01. Here is a photo of the cap installed on the class 11 "San Felipe" package.

Attachments

Jack

Reaction
There are lots of size problems with that pic. That chair must be huge. That is quite a large resivor for a 7100.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
There are lots of size problems with that pic. That chair must be huge. That is quite a large resivor for a 7100.
Yes, that was a giant novelty chair at the SCORE Primm race.

The new class 11 stuff is no longer a 7100. Perhaps the reservoir is overkill but thats better than shock fade.

Attachments

tcm glx

Reaction
Joel, you really know how to draw attention to your shocks!!!

BTW, Heard Shane passed my coilovers to Mark Keifer yesterday, super excited!!

jps1145

Reaction
Here's a pic of the rear shocks cause I know everyone likes pictures...

Here's a pic of what I got from Kartek. Those guys must have thought I was speaking in French cause what I got ain't what I wanted. they did get the rod guide right, but I didn't get the wiper or the wiper cap. And the bottom-out-bumper, as they called it, doesn't look like the earlier picture posted by Joel:p.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Sounds like someone ordered what they thought you meant. Those jounce bumps are meant to be run with a bottom washer (e4-sb2-z018a01) or the bumps will push over the rod end. As with any jounce bump if they are bottomed out at the wrong angle the shaft can bend.

Here's a pic of the rear shocks cause I know everyone likes pictures...

Here's a pic of what I got from Kartek. Those guys must have thought I was speaking in French cause what I got ain't what I wanted. they did get the rod guide right, but I didn't get the wiper or the wiper cap. And the bottom-out-bumper, as they called it, doesn't look like the earlier picture posted by Joel:p.

Sparky

Reaction