• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Rescheduled, postponed, canceled races and events

dan200

#BSF200
New LOORRS schedule. @dan200 at least you don't have to worry about the AZ heat in June... Sept might not be much better though.
September isn't horrible. It seems to me jacket weather begins around Halloween here.

The issues for me now and other vendors and racers (desert and shortcourse and ultra-4) is now things are right on top of eachother.

The BAJA 500 is the weekend before an Expo.

Ultra 4 in Reno is on top of Lucas Chandler 1
The next weekend is the Jagged X BITD race

October has the Ultra-4 Nationals on the same weekend as Bluewater.

It seems the only thing that's not goofed up is Vegas to Reno.

The weekend before the 1000 we have the Lucas Cup race (Chandler 2).

Fun fact- I don't just drag the SDHQ trailer around chasing dollars. Well, more correctly I don't only chase dollars From the inception of the Race Support program the concept was just like it says in the program title = "RACE SUPPORT". I go to events with a buttload of products so that if people/teams come up short, flunk tech, or have a wipe out it might not end their weekend. Many a night I have been summoned late at night from my sleep (or the bar) to go get a guy some tear offs or a dash 8 90 degree fitting so their racecar can stop being a giant paperweight. The whole idea is that if we (SDHQ) can help racing flourish then it will be reciprocated and racing can help us flourish. The one helps the other and vice versa.

With the dates as they stand now it looks like I have to be in a few places at the same time and I bet I am gonna do some long drives to go to some places where I am very needed (support wise) instead of going to a closer event that would net me more $$$ and at less cost. Lotsa people call McKenzies and Butch s my "competition" but we don't think of it that way. If I know I am gonna miss an event I make sure they know too so they can bring extra product and they do the same for me. We happily send business to each other all the time. Just like teams do. If we don't all help each other none of what any of us are doing will work out. Family.

Speaking of family, I miss you guys and looking forward to seeing your ugly faces again.

D200

Curtis Guise

Administrator
September isn't horrible. It seems to me jacket weather begins around Halloween here.

The issues for me now and other vendors and racers (desert and shortcourse and ultra-4) is now things are right on top of eachother.

The BAJA 500 is the weekend before an Expo.

Ultra 4 in Reno is on top of Lucas Chandler 1
The next weekend is the Jagged X BITD race

October has the Ultra-4 Nationals on the same weekend as Bluewater.

It seems the only thing that's not goofed up is Vegas to Reno.

The weekend before the 1000 we have the Lucas Cup race (Chandler 2).

Fun fact- I don't just drag the SDHQ trailer around chasing dollars. Well, more correctly I don't only chase dollars From the inception of the Race Support program the concept was just like it says in the program title = "RACE SUPPORT". I go to events with a buttload of products so that if people/teams come up short, flunk tech, or have a wipe out it might not end their weekend. Many a night I have been summoned late at night from my sleep (or the bar) to go get a guy some tear offs or a dash 8 90 degree fitting so their racecar can stop being a giant paperweight. The whole idea is that if we (SDHQ) can help racing flourish then it will be reciprocated and racing can help us flourish. The one helps the other and vice versa.

With the dates as they stand now it looks like I have to be in a few places at the same time and I bet I am gonna do some long drives to go to some places where I am very needed (support wise) instead of going to a closer event that would net me more $$$ and at less cost. Lotsa people call McKenzies and Butch s my "competition" but we don't think of it that way. If I know I am gonna miss an event I make sure they know too so they can bring extra product and they do the same for me. We happily send business to each other all the time. Just like teams do. If we don't all help each other none of what any of us are doing will work out. Family.

Speaking of family, I miss you guys and looking forward to seeing your ugly faces again.

D200
That's awesome to hear all of the "competitors" helping each other out at races. More businesses should take note of this. Some end up burning bridges in this small industry and that only lasts so long.

I think you meant the San Felipe 250 is the week before Off-Road Expo. And it's also a week after the Sand Sports Super Show. And the Scottsdale Off-Road Expo just got moved to October 17-18th. Plus the other 20 events including the NORRA 1000 I have listed in the RDC calendar within those 3-4 weeks.

dan200

#BSF200
That's awesome to hear all of the "competitors" helping each other out at races. More businesses should take note of this. Some end up burning bridges in this small industry and that only lasts so long.

I think you meant the San Felipe 250 is the week before Off-Road Expo. And it's also a week after the Sand Sports Super Show. And the Scottsdale Off-Road Expo just got moved to October 17-18th. Plus the other 20 events including the NORRA 1000 I have listed in the RDC calendar within those 3-4 weeks.
Nope. The weekend after the 500 I am doing something I call "The Worlds Fastest Roof Top Tent Contest of Flagstaff Arizona". Everyone else calls it "Overland Expo West" The lady that used to run Pomona (Shawn Parker) does this now. I haul our mini vendor set up for this one and we (SDHQ, Baja Designs, and Total Chaos) all reserve spots next to each other. We're this little pocket of race people in camping land. Its a pretty big event actually. Theres lotsa demo stuff and zip lines and all sortsa crap going on. If you're into offroad camping you would like it.

dan200

#BSF200
There is barely any politics in the "Race Gypsy Network". There is quite a bit of behind the scenes stuff that goes into just getting parked at tech/contingency and for the most part we all cooperate with each other. I let peeps use my liquor cabinet and they buy me dinner. Somebody runs to In-n-out and someone else goes and gets ice. We are all a big family. It would not work well if we weren't.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Nope. The weekend after the 500 I am doing something I call "The Worlds Fastest Roof Top Tent Contest of Flagstaff Arizona". Everyone else calls it "Overland Expo West" The lady that used to run Pomona (Shawn Parker) does this now. I haul our mini vendor set up for this one and we (SDHQ, Baja Designs, and Total Chaos) all reserve spots next to each other. We're this little pocket of race people in camping land. Its a pretty big event actually. Theres lotsa demo stuff and zip lines and all sortsa crap going on. If you're into offroad camping you would like it.

Yeah Nicole from Total Chaos has told me about Overland Expo many times. I've wanted to go but haven't been able to yet. You are going to the East one? That's in October. AZ is in July.

Overland Expo West, Flagstaff, AZ July 24-26.
Overland Expo Mountain West, Loveland, CO August 28-30
Overland Expo East, Arrington, VA October 9-11

That's what they show here - Overland Expo®

Last edited:

dan200

#BSF200
Yeah Nicole from Total Chaos has told me about Overland Expo many times. I've wanted to go but haven't been able to yet. You are going to the East one? That's in October. AZ is in July.

Overland Expo West, Flagstaff, AZ July 24-26.
Overland Expo Mountain West, Loveland, CO August 28-30
Overland Expo East, Arrington, VA October 9-11

That's what they show here - Overland Expo
So far we only do the AZ one and that’s all that’s on my calendar but ya never know.

jackassracing89

VORRA has cancelled the wild west race June 6th. Wild west being located in Washoe county is still having rules of no gatherings over 10 people. Even eliminating spectators, the race was unable to get approval. We really appreciate Wild West working with us and trying to get this race going.
Next race Fallon 250 July 17th and 18th (fingers crossed). MX in the morning, UTV's in the late morning- early afternoon. Truck's and Buggy's Night race. Same track as last year just reverse. 99 Entries last year, making it one of Vorra's biggest race ever.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
VORRA has cancelled the wild west race June 6th. Wild west being located in Washoe county is still having rules of no gatherings over 10 people. Even eliminating spectators, the race was unable to get approval. We really appreciate Wild West working with us and trying to get this race going.
Next race Fallon 250 July 17th and 18th (fingers crossed). MX in the morning, UTV's in the late morning- early afternoon. Truck's and Buggy's Night race. Same track as last year just reverse. 99 Entries last year, making it one of Vorra's biggest race ever.
Bummer. I just updated the RDC calendar.

Anger Issues

I sure hope BOR can stick with the June 27th Jackpot dates... but the gov in NV is being a big sissy like here in Idaho (just my opinion folks). Worst of all... my Megadeth concert clear out on JULY 30th was just postponed. What the hell people, I had VIP meet and greet! Who cares about a virus damnit! Rockers should carry on, even (us) temporary cancer survivors man!

kyle_pc_75

I sure hope BOR can stick with the June 27th Jackpot dates... but the gov in NV is being a big sissy like here in Idaho (just my opinion folks). Worst of all... my Megadeth concert clear out on JULY 30th was just postponed. What the hell people, I had VIP meet and greet! Who cares about a virus damnit! Rockers should carry on, even (us) temporary cancer survivors man!
We're actually thinking of moving it to July 4th or 11th just due to BITD moving to the 27th. We have a few that want to race both or pit for one and race the other. Either way, we're moving forward with the race.

Anger Issues

We're actually thinking of moving it to July 4th or 11th just due to BITD moving to the 27th. We have a few that want to race both or pit for one and race the other. Either way, we're moving forward with the race.
Sounds good Kyle. 11th is prob best for most but we will be there ANY date you choose. Just make it happen and we can help promote in Twin Falls!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Is the PCI/Motion Tire Ridgecrest race canceled in lieu of BAP?
SNORE doesn't show a September race on their website. MORE still shows the PCI race Sept. 12th but maybe that isn't happening? Isn't that usually the combined SNORE/MORE race?

I updated the calendar with those other races in October. I thought I had BAP in there. The NORRA 1000 is also that week... I'll be in Primm or maybe NORRA that weekend.

Our calendar had double entries for everything but looks like it's fixed now.

kyle_pc_75

The BOR Jackpot Freedom 250 is tentatively rescheduled for July 11th given BLM approval.

dan200

#BSF200
MORE still shows the PCI race Sept. 12th but maybe that isn't happening? Isn't that usually the combined SNORE/MORE race?
On the MORE site it has the SNORE/MORE combo race as 12/2020 (No actual date) and in Laughlin. So I'm guessing that means Rage at the River is the combo race this year Dec 10-13?

Whoevers job it is NOT to update the SNORE website is doing great at it. :rolleyes: