Resivoir problem

cleartoy

Reaction
Ok so im dealing with a 2.5 SAW. The side that the resivoir hose screws into is loose. The plate wiggles when you move it and you can push the plate into the resivoir like 1/4". Any ideas? Is it threaded or?

Thanks.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

ntsqd

Reaction
How much pressure is in the reservoir ? I'm guessing none.

Shipping a damper with a pressurized reservoir changes the classification of the package and requires a hazmat sticker & attendent charge. Some companies opt to ship unpressurized to save some $$$.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

JasonHutter

Reaction
It isn't threaded. When you push it in, look inside the resivoir for the stop ring. that stop ring is what holds the end of the resivoir in there. When there is pressure in the shock you won't be able to push it in, but when there is no pressure or very little, you can push it in. If you remove the ring, you will be able to pull the end out of the resivoir. Just remember there is obviously oil in the resivoir. I just found this picture of our 2.5 SAW by-pass shock taken apart. It looks to me that you could tighten what you are talking about without taking it apart. Look at the end, it looks like there is a purchase point built into the end to get a large wrench on to hold the end cap while tightening the hose.

Jason

cleartoy

Reaction
Thanks guys. After removing the shock i discovered there was no nitro in it.

I had them charged when i purchased them a couple months back and they were fine. It was just this weekend i discovered a problem.

Im taking em to get em charged tommorow at lunch time. Thanks again!!!

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??