Response from Senator Reid about Primm

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Sounds like a bunch of rhetoric to me:

September 8, 2009

Dear Mr. Pickering:

Thank you for contacting me about solar power. I appreciate hearing from you.

I have noted your concerns with the proposal to build a solar energy generating facility in southern Nevada. As you may know, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) published a notice of intent on June 30, 2009 to advise the public of the preparation of a draft Environmental Impact Study (EIS) to evaluate any potential impacts, which could occur from the construction and operation of Nextlight's proposed solar energy project near Primm. The BLM held three scoping meetings in August to hear public comments on the proposal, and written comments were accepted until August 18. BLM is obligated to consider these comments when finalizing the EIS.

These solar energy generating facilities would be located on approximately 7,840 acres of public lands east of Primm and would produce approximately 400 megawatts of electricity. I have noted your concern that this land would no longer be available for some outdoor activities and will keep your thoughts in mind as I follow this proposal's progress.

Nevada is home to some of the nation's best solar, geothermal, and wind energy resources. I am committed to developing these resources in a way that protects and preserves the environment, sensitive lands, and outdoor recreation areas. That is why I strongly support the BLM's process, which I announced with Secretary Ken Salazar in Las Vegas earlier this year, of identifying and performing full environmental reviews of Solar Energy Study Areas in the west so solar energy facilities can be quickly, yet sustainably developed.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

United States Senator

Nevada

HR:MU

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
that's a lot of verbiage to basically say "get bent"....

scott-dsms

Orange
Reaction
If this letter were a picture it would be of Harry's middle finger :mad: WAJ! How about "strongly supporting" your constituents pinhead

Last edited:

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I will translate Robert...

Dear Mr Pickering,

jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba jibba jabba

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

United States Senator

Nevada

randy s

Reaction
i just don't even like lookin' at a picture of that milque toast lookin' dweeb. he reminds me of larry craig. can reid get this deal approved before he gets thrown out in 2010?

RG1Baja

Reaction
There is a house off Horizon in Henderson that has a huge sign in the yard that says "Vote for anybody but Harry Reid".

PEST

Reaction
i just don't even like lookin' at a picture of that milque toast lookin' dweeb. he reminds me of larry craig. can reid get this deal approved before he gets thrown out in 2010?

That's what it looks like he is trying to do. It seems as if politicians try to get as much crazy **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** pushed through as they can before they're ushered out. It's the same letter a member on snoreracing.net posted that he was sent.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
WAJ....
I think i've convinced my dad to run for senator.
Any good conservative could beat Reid.
I hope to count on the RDC vote? :D

Total Loss

Reaction
Nevada-lose that guy- PLEASE!

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
There is a house off Horizon in Henderson that has a huge sign in the yard that says "Vote for anybody but Harry Reid".

Yeah anyone BUTT harry!! I really hope the idiots here don't re-elect him. Dingy Harry is the perfect example of why we need term limits!!!!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
These solar energy generating facilities would be located on approximately 7,840 acres of public lands east of Primm and would produce approximately 400 megawatts of electricity. I have noted your concern that this land would no longer be available for some outdoor activities and will keep your thoughts in mind as I follow this proposal's progress.
Now, what he DOESNT say is, the land will no longer be PUBLIC. Its being given for private use, for profit. Who will profit?

Get rid of Dingy Harry and Pelousy. The quicker the better.
Nevada-lose that guy- PLEASE!
Calif. your contribution to Governement needs to be removed as well. You have 2 to get rid of at least.

Crowd Pleaser

Reaction
Looks alot like my response from the D-Bag.

Dear Mr. Mahoney:

Thank you for contacting me about solar power. I appreciate hearing from you.

I have noted your concerns with the proposal to build a solar energy generating facility in southern Nevada. As you may know, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) published a notice of intent on June 30, 2009 to advise the public of the preparation of a draft Environmental Impact Study (EIS) to evaluate any potential impacts, which could occur from the construction and operation of Nextlight's proposed solar energy project near Primm. The BLM held three scoping meetings in August to hear public comments on the proposal, and written comments were accepted until August 18. BLM is obligated to consider these comments when finalizing the EIS.

Nevada is home to some of the nation's best solar, geothermal, and wind energy resources. I am committed to developing these resources in a way that protects and preserves the environment, sensitive lands, and outdoor recreation areas. That is why I strongly support the BLM's process, which I announced with Secretary Ken Salazar in Las Vegas earlier this year, of identifying and performing full environmental reviews of Solar Energy Study Areas in the west so solar energy facilities can be quickly, yet sustainably developed.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

United States Senator

Nevada

true offroad racing

Reaction
From what I am hearing Tarkanian is running against that Jack*** reid. Hopefully people in Nevada will not put up with this same old crap...

Hate to say this but harry reids plans for the desert are mild compared to his plans for your healthcare.

Get this guy out of office!!!!!