• Forum membership has its advantages....

Resto Mod Off-Road Trucks

trailready

This Oregon Dune 66 F100 is pretty sick!! (shown here at Pismo, photo credit unknown )
1558560401346.png

vegasloki

Great thread and pics. The bummer now is that the street guys have pushed the prices of donor F100s and early C10s through the roof.

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Great thread and pics. The bummer now is that the street guys have pushed the prices of donor F100s and early C10s through the roof.
What's crazy is that people use to drop off cabs and doors and even complete trucks to us for free for spare parts in the early 2000s because they couldn't get rid of them, now you can't find anything for less than $2500. We have a pretty good stash of parts incase of an "uhoh" but not like we used to.

vegasloki

On the last Diesel Brothers Steve Darnell was a guest and raced the "brothers" in a short course race in an off road rat rod. IIRC it was a later model 1500 donor with an old cab (like 20s 30s) and off road mods with big tires (sort of a resto-mod). It was a typical Welderup build just not slammed and had something that had off road suspension travel. Just looked for pics and didn't find any good ones that showed all of the truck.

JDDurfey

If you are looking for a possible donor truck to build, my brother has many with titles! Look him up at AngryAutoGroup.com He is also on FB and Instagram. He is constantly finding rust free old trucks that need new homes and saving them from the scrappers.

Bert is my name

I have a 67 f100 I want to part with. Recently built 422 inch f.e. aluminum heads new wheels and tires. PM me for details if interested. Need something with four doors to haul the kid around.

jon coleman

rust free and aging nicely in lake Powell area of utah
20181230_161059.jpg
, step dad says i got first dibbs, wish it was a ford , but Hey, dont complain!!ps its spelled ' re$to- mod

Last edited:

jon coleman

What's crazy is that people use to drop off cabs and doors and even complete trucks to us for free for spare parts in the early 2000s because they couldn't get rid of them, now you can't find anything for less than $2500. We have a pretty good stash of parts incase of an "uhoh" but not like we used to.
used to get skip frye surf boards for 150-250 all day long, now, 1500-2500$,investing in surf boards, who woulda thunk?

Bert is my name

The trailer park at the lake henshaw has quite a few derelicts (trucks and people). Hanging around waiting for someone to come along.